[Prot] Prot Healing? What?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Prot] Prot Healing? What?

Postby Chicken » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:09 am

lusisia wrote:I'm not disappointed at all. The build was fucking stupid and stupidly OP. There is no sane reason why TbtL needs to have the Flash of Light component at all. There's no reason at all that TbtL can't simply reduce the effectiveness of direct healing spells (i.e. FoL and HL). We don't cast them while we tank.
That would actually kind of suck, while they shouldn't be spells you cast regularly as a tank, and definitely spells you shouldn't ever cast while main tanking, I love having them for helping out occasionally during damage spikes on multi-tank encounters. I'd much rather they fix it by making the amount of spell power you get scale with your defense, like how they fixed Ardent Defender.
Chicken

Postby Thels » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:21 am

Actually, if you talk PvE, then you're not going with Jasari's build, but with something like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxAzg00s ... sch:ibqcmz

The whole build is centered around Touched by the Light. You get more spelldamage than holy does, and your crits do a lot. Basically, you're constantly spamming 10k+ crits on the MT.

Main reason I'm using this build, is because if I'm on my OS, the raid still benefits from Imp Devo, Sanct, etc... Sacred Shield on the MT, and flash away like there's no tomorrow. The other healers can calm down on the MT, but if something gets out of hand, I can't do more than keep on flashing, hoping that the other healers can catch it up. Also, it feels completely crappy in 5 mans, not being able to heal DPS while beacon handles the MT, especially after the improvement to beacon where you basically never have to heal the MT anymore.

Touched by the Light is an awesome talent for healing, but you're burning a huge amount of talent points to get there on talents that you really don't need at all in PvE. Of course once it will be affected by Strength instead of Stamina, it's completely dead.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:38 pm

I read some mapkin math that geared prolys will lose about 150-200 sp after the stam-strength tblt nerf. I woulden't call that dead considering we now have the SS/FoL hot. I am going to try to keep the memory alive at least/
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:16 pm

err...no.
Theres no way you'd lose that little. Neither the arena gear, nor the PvE holy gear has ANY strength, but stacks a ton of stam. In arena, you actually GEM full stam.

You're prolly thinking of prot TANKS.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Ahh your right, the napkin math was on page one of the 3.2.2 thread in general forums. It was based on early naxx 25 tank gear.

Sad panda face :(

I gusse i better dust off my ret pvp gear...
Threatco

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Threatco wrote:Ahh your right, the napkin math was on page one of the 3.2.2 thread in general forums. It was based on early naxx 25 tank gear.

Sad panda face :(

I gusse i better dust off my ret pvp gear...

Or just have a normal holy spec if you want to heal.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Healing holy is ok but could be better.

If I did do it I would do it with improved SS + 30 second stun from prot at least to keep some of the same feel. Instead of going old fashioned ret/holy. But I would miss my avengers shield.
And the whole DR/High HP thing
And I will probly never killer another gnome rogue after swaping to my void saber and stun/HoR critting them..

But I woulden't mind slinging around my new and improved bacon. Haven't tried it yet in pvp.

Still a sad panda at the nerf/killing of my fav pvp spec. But I am just that way I gusse, I coulden't accept the double shor nerf/bug fix either.
Threatco

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes