[RET-PVE] first round of live testing with SoV change

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [RET-PVE] first round of live testing with SoV change

Postby lusisia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Well this was our first XT hardmode kill last night and my first time raiding as ret since the patch. I don't have any numbers from before but I was lucky this time because we had a prot pally tanking which meant I got to keep SoV up the whole time. I stopped DPSing XT when I had a bomb or had to work on light sparks because our boomkin got gravity bomb. I also spent a bit more time than I would have liked helping with healing during tantrum because we really wanted the kill.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/Wfx0 ... 987&e=8538

You can see my numbers from Northrend Beasts as well. I didn't have the Icehowl gloves for that fight (obviously) so I had to use a +hit trinket. Now that I finally got hitcapped without it, I can get a DMC:G deck made and hope that FotFF drops next time I'm in an OS pug.

BTW - Snobold DPSing sucks hard.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby mavfin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:18 pm

lusisia wrote: BTW - Snobold DPSing sucks hard.

Yeah, we happened to have two elems and a moonkin the night we did that fight. That way the melee didn't have to run around so much. The rogue would zip out and help if a snobold was on a healer, but otherwise, the ranged took care of it.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby andx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:24 am

Sorry about being slow to post this. I've been out of town for the weekend.

Previous DPS
All non hardmode

Razor- 5.2k
Ignis- high 4's like 4.8k
XT- 6k
Kolo- 5.5k
IC- 4.6k
Cat Lady- 5k
Thorim- 4.7k
Hodir- 6k (love those buffs :D)
Freya- 5.2k
Mim- 4.3k
Vezzax- 4.4k
Yogg- 4k ( i suck at this fight)

3.2 DPS
All non hardmode
Same Gear

Razor- 5.3k
Ignis- 5.3k
XT- 5.8k
Kolo- 5.7k
IC- 5.5k
Cat Lady- 4.4k
Thorim- 5.1k
Hodir- 6.8k (On boss whole time)
Freya- 5.4k
Mim- 4.3k
Vezzax- 5.9k
Yogg- 3.8k ( i STILL suck at this fight)

thanks,
Andx
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby Tekkel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:35 am

Overall it still feels like a buff on bosses. The ramp up time sucks donkey balls on the add fights but I could push 4.2k on yog dpsing adds in p3 with 1 light. My dps went up alot on algalon though. Pushing 6-6.8k on our tries last night with heroism/aw and the average attempt lasting 2 minutes before it fell apart and dps would drop.
Tekkel

Postby Modal » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:36 am

Hmm, quick question I need an answer to, but can't log in to test because of down time.

When you hit a mob for the first time with a white swing and stack your first SoV dot, do you also get a 6.6% weapon damage proc for having 1 stack up, or not?

Then on your 2nd white swing, do you get a 1-stack proc or a 2-stack proc? etc.

Edit: Oh, hmm, I'm seeing on EJ now that only strikes get a partial SoV proc, not white swings. Hmm.
Modal

Postby Modal » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Modal wrote:Edit: Oh, hmm, I'm seeing on EJ now that only strikes get a partial SoV proc, not white swings. Hmm.

Just tested this myself, now that servers are back up, and the information at EJ is incorrect. White swings do indeed get partial seal procs. But you get the partial proc before the application of new stack, i.e., your first white swing will get no proc, your 2nd will get a 1-stack partial proc, etc.
Modal

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes