Remove Advertisements

[Warlock] PvP with Holy Paladin and ?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Warlock] PvP with Holy Paladin and ?

Postby Jasari » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:42 am

For a number of reason I've decided to take up PvP somewhat seriously on my Warlock. I'll be playing with a holy paladin for 2v2, but since blizzard basically killed that we're going to try to find someone else for 3v3.

I'm going affliction, I know that destro is the fotm but affliction fits my play style better and I definitely think it's still viable.

So I'm just looking for any advice you guys might have. I stop by AJ occasionally but honestly it seems to be more of a QQ and flamefest there lately.

Speccing 54/17/0... still messing around with a few of the point allocations in affliction and glyphing SL, Shadowflame, Howl of Terror.

Thanks for any advice.
Jasari

Re: [Warlock] PvP with Holy Paladin and ?

Postby Angelarc6570 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Unholy DK's mesh really well with Affliction locks. They hit very hard and they bring even more dots to the table, and pretty well counter a lot of the Cleave teams you will face. Also, makes it harder to cleanse a lot of the debuffs on a target with UA up :D
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Postby Jasari » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:55 am

Well my guild is officially disbanding so I think I'm going to quit raiding and primarily pvp next season with the goal of getting gladiator. It'll be a fun challenge for me since the most I ever played in the Arena was back during BC when I was farming for the S2 mace on my shadow priest when we were in SSC/TK. So we'll see how I can do starting from almost zero experience. Luckily I still have a couple weeks to farm enough starter gear so that I can go in without being completely gimped due to gear.

I'm not sure if my best chance will be in the 5s or 3s bracket yet. We need to snag one more for our 5s - Lock, Pally, Sham, War so far - but the Warrior was glad in S2 and it'd be nice to have a solid 5s team just for a fast accumulation of arena points.

I would definitely be pleasantly surprised if we actually pull of gladiator but it's worth a shot. With the new ezmode badge gear and I always get back into raiding and catch up on gear if I decide I'd rather do that in icecrown.
Jasari

Postby Angelarc6570 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Is the shaman Ele or Resto? If ele, get a priest or Druid, I run with Warrior, Rogue, Ret, Holy Pally, Disc Priest, we did really well up to about 1900 - 1950 once our warrior (who has glad in all 3 brackets on his Druid) got his Tier 1 weapon. Once our rogue went Fan of Knives spec, we Cleaved our way up to about 2050 :D

My advice would be, depending on the lock and the shamans spec, either a Priest, a Unholy DK or a Ret pally.
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes