Remove Advertisements

[Warrior] LVL 60 pvp gear

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Warrior] LVL 60 pvp gear

Postby Balgorra » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:03 pm

I have started to level a warrior on a new server so will have no access to BoA gear. Right now I am specced arms but may switch to furry at 60 if it looks like it will be faster kills. My big question is would the LVL 60 pvp gear be worth getting? All pieces would at too DPS stats and stopping at 59-60 to grind out the marks and honor might make for a nice pace change. I will say on big plus is since this char is horde the warrior set looks awesome. And if I keep that gear until 65 or so I can avoid some of the outlands horrid looks.
Balgorra

Re: [Warrior] LVL 60 pvp gear

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Getting the honor for pieces while you level even before 60 isn't bad with BG weekends and stuff, but getting the marks to buy the pieces is a real pain. I think some of the honor pieces/weapons/trinkets are very worth it pre-60. With a few BGs every now and then as you level you can save enough marks to buy stuff when you hit 60 too but honor in previous brackets is generally too low to really use as "saving up" for 60 rewards though so you'd have to farm honor a bit in the 50-60 brackets - but unless you're planning to twink at 60, you're better off just going to outlands at 58 and getting better gear from there.

So:
- while levelling to 60, the honor gear is mostly worth it if you like taking the time off to pvp
- while levelling past 60, the honor gear isn't worth it compared to questrewards/drops
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes