Remove Advertisements

[Ret] PTR SoV changes

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Ret] PTR SoV changes

Postby Candiru » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Its not like you often have a ret and prot paladin in 5v5 team and all the opposing players all within DS range...
Candiru

Postby Suicidal Zebra » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:39 pm

In the build currently on the Live Servers Judgment can no longer proc Seal of Vengeance. This is reflected in the Live 3.2 patch notes, but wasn't a part of any PTR build in the last month.

Judgment can still proc SoR and SoC from the looks of things (double-proccing in fact).
Suicidal Zebra

Postby Joanadark » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:51 pm

So after tonite's raid my opinions on the changes are very mixed.
On fights where i could stand-and-burn for the whole time like Ignis and XT, I was easily breaking 7k DPS. That isn't particularly impressive, but it makes me competative for like 5th-6th place on my guild's DPS spread, so I suppose I'm content. In any Burn encounter which also has adds, every mage is doing 9k+ DPS, and HAT rogues are doing 9k+ DPS pretty much all the time. I broke 10k on Hodir, but I've done that before if I just play well.

On the other side of the story, my AOE DPS is MASSIVELY reduced, even using glyphed SoR or SoC, both of which I tried. The ramp up is extremely painful in a lot of situations. On things like Kologarn you can make up for it by macroing all your DPS specials to focus-cast when you use a modifier key like Alt and rolling Vengeance stacks on both arms and the chest at once by swapping what you auto-attack, but situations like that are rare. Even then, the damage output is pretty much a wash compared to before.
On every other fight it's a direct nerf to my damage.

DSac definately is capped again while bubbled.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Joanadark » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Oh and we one-shot the Colloseum boss without knowing anything about it and not having done it before. lol?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Smartos » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 am

Joanadark wrote:Oh and we one-shot the Colloseum boss without knowing anything about it and not having done it before. lol?

Ulduar was too difficult, so back to Naxxramas-level :evil:
Smartos

Postby Joanadark » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:29 am

Kurinaxxramas
Joanadark

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Joanadark wrote:Oh and we one-shot the Colloseum boss without knowing anything about it and not having done it before. lol?

I think that's the dps talking. Lower dps means lots of fail in there. We didn't get past the worms, but our dps didn't kill the adds fast, and people stood in shit... sigh...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby fafhrd » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm

We shat all over the DPS requirements but uh... the "don't stand in shit" requirements not so much. Took 3 pulls before "i'm damaging everyone around me, i should move!" and "the raid boss emoted my name and is now charging at me, i should move!" sank it.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Anorian » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Not sure if im doing something wrong but my dps as ret is just utter fail, i cant even break 2600 on a dummy. Its offspec but still im confused i thought dps was supposed to go up, i follow EJ spec and `rotation` so wth is going on :D
Anorian

Postby Kelaan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:16 pm

I noticed similarly. i think it's because on Emalon, I wasn't using SoR (doh).... still unsure on why my dps on Archavon was so low. Perhaps my dps was similar, and others just got bigger upgrades.
Kelaan

Postby Anorian » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:22 pm

hmm when i switched to a nonheroic dummy and had a doomkin nuking as well my dps went to 3700, wth is going on xD
Anorian

Postby Joanadark » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Not sure if im doing something wrong but my dps as ret is just utter fail, i cant even break 2600 on a dummy. Its offspec but still im confused i thought dps was supposed to go up, i follow EJ spec and `rotation` so wth is going on

Lets say it all together now.

DONT PANIC ABOUT DPS ON TARGET DUMMIES BECAUSE TARGET DUMMIES ARE USELESS FOR ANALYIZING DPS.
You use a target dummy to analyze a rotation, that is it. They arent good for anything else because you are missing every single raid debuff.
Joanadark

Postby rodos » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Anorian wrote:hmm when i switched to a nonheroic dummy and had a doomkin nuking as well my dps went to 3700, wth is going on xD

Was the heroic dummy low on health? Isn't there a problem where DoTs don't tick properly if their damage would be overkill?
rodos

Postby majiben » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:47 pm

rodos wrote:
Anorian wrote:hmm when i switched to a nonheroic dummy and had a doomkin nuking as well my dps went to 3700, wth is going on xD

Was the heroic dummy low on health? Isn't there a problem where DoTs don't tick properly if their damage would be overkill?
A few things, first is earth and moon, which increases your holy damage, then FF, then lower levels of dodge and miss, and finally lower resist rates.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes