Remove Advertisements

[Druid - Resto] Professions?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Druid - Resto] Professions?

Postby tinalt » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:42 am

So I'm slowly leveling up a druid that I plan on main specing resto, off specing boomkin. Which professions should I get as a healer?
Right now i have skinning/leatherworking, but i don't think they really go with a caster druid. does the crit from skinning even help HoTs? Does leatherworking offer any bonuses to casters? the only wrist enchant thing for leatherworking that I've paid attention to was the stamina one.

My question is basically, which professions are the best for healers/casters? I've only ever really looked at the professions from a tanking standpoint.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Re: [Druid - Resto] Professions?

Postby amh » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:20 pm

For caster dps, tailoring remains by far superior. However, it isn't necessarily as good if you're going to heal (not sure how good the random mana-return proc is).

If you want to be dressed for any occasion, get BS + JC. If you're not that picky, all of the following provide spell-power improvements (down to within 1 or 2 points from each other):

LW (wrist)
Inscription (shoulder)
Enchanting (rings)

Down-right bad professions:
Herbalism
Skinning
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby semp » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:15 am

I raid currently on my druid. I took enchanting for DEing while leveling and ring enchants. Also still have my herbalism skill, which I have debated on taking JC yet again. Epic flight form + herbalism = printing money for yourself. The HoT heal you get from herbalism isnt very good, but has it uses in pvp and some extent pve. If the hot was made into an instant heal off the GCD it would be much, much better.
semp

Postby dougmcdonald » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:56 am

Personally I've got alchemy + herbalism on my druid as they seem quite complimentary.

The increased pot effect from alchemy and the trinket you can get for free essentially are quite nice although the JC trinket is probably better overall.

The herbalism HOT isn't massively useful, but I do often find myself using it in PVE when I get overlooked as a healing target being DPS, mainspec boomkin, it does have its uses, that combined with a quick pot, the 40% increased pot effect from the alchemy situation has got me out of some sticky situations in the past.
dougmcdonald

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes