[RET] Hit Rating

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[RET] Hit Rating

Postby Perrigrin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:38 am

So, I'm offspec Ret, and last night I scored Valorous Redemption Legs (no hit), as a "upgrade" over Staggering Legplates (80 hit) - And at the same time I upgraded my PVP ring with 38 hit, to Ruthlessness (no hit).

So, as you understand there will be a LOT of regemming and reenchanting to come bakc to hit cap, and specially the legs are a minor upgrade stats wise (I think) - Is it worth it, or should I just hold on to the legs until I get more +hit from other stuff?

Ring I think is definitly worth, but legs I'm not sure.

Edit:
Here is my current set as I think to go for it: http://www.chardev.org/?template=232245

What I'm asking is, is it worth the regemming / enchanting to fit in: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40577

Also, any general comments on how to get more out of the gear? Such as I'm debating getting the Valor emblem libram (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40191) - Would that be worth it say compared to save and get valor boots or valor dps cloak? Any tradeskilled upgrades?
Last edited by Perrigrin on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Perrigrin

Re: RET: Hit Rating

Postby Perrigrin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:48 am

I dont get set bonus from legs either.
Perrigrin

Postby Epimer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:00 am

Download Rawr, have a fiddle, and see which works out as more DPS. Saves you this kind of headache.
Epimer

Postby Perrigrin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:01 am

Yeah, that's what I'm fiddling with now - Just love to hear the opinion on these boards as we got some bright people around ;)
Perrigrin

Re: [RET] Hit Rating

Postby rodos » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:45 pm

If it was me, I'd get the Valor libram. You shouldn't be sealing Command now, and certainly not after 3.2.

The badge cloak is a small upgrade over the one you have, but probably worth it.

The badge boots are good if you lack hit, but if you have the cash then buying Iron-Spring Jumpers might be a better way to go. My philosophy is to buy with gold what you can, and buy with badges what can only be bought with badges (since gold cannot be converted into badges).
rodos

Postby Balgorra » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:13 pm

I kind of wish I had a problem with hit rating. Ret is also my offspec and some how I have ~11% hit and my Dreani racial on top of that. I just have no luck with drops and most of what I do get has about equal hit on it. Oh an of course I have no hit gems or enchants just to clarify, its all from gear. What I do have is a expertise rating issue, have none of on any of my gear.
Balgorra

Postby rodos » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:54 pm

I hear you on the expertise. I got Ironsoul, but am leery of using it because I lose so much expertise by dropping my Inevitable Defeat. Check with rawr, but you might actually get a dps increase with the blue belt from the tournament (Girdle of Valorous Defeat or Horde equivalent). I has 50 str, 57 expertise, and a socket, which is not too shabby at all. Otherwise, keep hoping that you win a roll on Girdle of Razz.
rodos

Postby Balgorra » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:52 am

Yeah the tournament belt is a small upgrade according to rawr so I might make that my next purchase. I had to get the tanking axe because the RNG hates me, but some how our guild warriors had the sword and shield from UP and COS long before we started to enter Naxx and then the Naxx(10) sword and shield shortly after getting into it. Me I was happy to win a fast dps sword from Naxx(25) until I got my first 25 champion seals.

But back on track I need to get that torunament belt.
Balgorra

Postby Fedaykin98 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:44 am

Valor bracers have Expertise, if you need it that bad.

Regarding the Valor Libram - it's solid, but Deadly Gladiator's is better, if you can possibly find an Arena team and get to 1250 (which is pretty easy).
Fedaykin98

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes