Remove Advertisements

[Rogue PVE]- Weapon Enchant question

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Rogue PVE]- Weapon Enchant question

Postby Drunkheifer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:43 am

For a rogue what are the ideal enchants for PVE on his main hand and offhand weapons? My friend and I were discussing what would be best for him and he was thinking Berserking on both weapons. Does berserking have a internal cooldown or anything that would limit the effectivness of having duel berserking? He was also thinking about getting the weapon chain for the hit rating or +26 agility. Any info on this would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Drunkheifer on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drunkheifer

Re: Rogue - Weapon Enchant question

Postby Ard » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:52 am

Berserking x2 if you have weapons that you won't replace for a while. Not sure about internal cooldown but I do know both can proc independantly (like Mongoose used to). The Rogue faq & Pocket guide to WotLK on the Elitist Jerks rogue forums state more specifically why those two, but in effect it's TL;DR 2x Berserking.

They also specify how much hitrating is desirable for which specs for rogue. (i'd link the guides but at work :S)
Ard <Vision of Excellence> - The Venture Co. EU
Blogging at holysh---ock.blogspot.com
Wilfred Fizzlebang, Master Summoner!
Ard

Re: [Rogue PVE]- Weapon Enchant question

Postby Drunkheifer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:08 am

Thank you for the quick info, as we are also both at work he will be looking that up when he gets home. I wrote elitest jerks down on a post-it note for him just for a reminder because he has never heard of elitest jerks. Thank you again.
Drunkheifer

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Remember that they spell it "elitist" (with an I), not "elitest". That should make it easier to find their website.
Kelaan

Postby grog189 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:11 am

Anymore info on his rogue?

For high end weapon's you won't replace for awhile go x2 berserkering

For nice weapons that you will be using but will hopefully replace use x2 mongoose or berserk/mongoose using berserk on the least likely to be replaced weapon.

+26 agi is meh. Unless it's just a lvln weapon for him or he is really short on cash.

Do not use the weapon chain unless he really needs the extra hit rating which if he is to the point where he is looking at using berserkering then he shouldn't be thinking about the weapon chain anyways.

It does not matter which weapon he enchants with what just either use berserker on the least likely to replace weapon or say you use the same dagger for both your OH combat and mut specs then it might be advantagous to put the zerker enchant on that one and just opt out for mongoose on your other 2 MH weapons so your not putting it on two weapons anyways.
"Azuriel" 80 Paladin (Icecrown)
"Aazoth" 80 Rogue (Icecrown)
"Tyrealzfist" 70 Warrior (Icecrown)
"Laserbird" 71 Druid (Icecrown)
grog189

Postby Drunkheifer » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:10 am

Thank about the spelling heh thats why i always liked google for auto correcting me. He is a mutilate spec from what i remember and the other night on a Naxx 25 run he picked up webbed death and <dagger from KT, sry can't remember the name>. I think he will be going with the dual berserker enchants due to him not being able to make our Uld runs to get the upgrades for pve. Thank you all for the input.
Drunkheifer

Postby grog189 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:26 am

The dagger off KT would be sinister's revenge *drool* which i still have yet to pick up myself still using Anarchy off of KT in naxx 10. Both of those weapons deserve berserker, especially if he isn't able to make uld runs consistently. Have a good day!
"Azuriel" 80 Paladin (Icecrown)
"Aazoth" 80 Rogue (Icecrown)
"Tyrealzfist" 70 Warrior (Icecrown)
"Laserbird" 71 Druid (Icecrown)
grog189

Postby Rapturion » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi Heifer,

My main is a raiding rogue, and I've worn out all the hyperlinks on the EJ site ;)

Sinister Revenge and Webbed Death were undoubtedly the BiS daggers in Naxx25, if you are at all serious about using the toon in raids, dual 'zerker is the way to go. I think you'll find that Webbed Death, due to its absurdly quick speed, is only bettered by several daggers in Ulduar (and often from hard modes).

The other option I recommend is keeping your eye out for a good slow MH fist weapon and spec'ing into a CQC Combat spec (Combat pulls slightly ahead of Mutilate in Ulduar, if you later end up raiding Uld). If you are still involved in Naxx25 runs, Calamity's Grasp from KT is exceptionally good when paired with Webbed Death. Again, highly deserving of Berserking.
Rapturion

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes