Remove Advertisements

[Ret - PvP] With avoidance + Prot Pve Gear

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret - PvP] With avoidance + Prot Pve Gear

Postby Bobness » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:31 am

Don't know if you've tried it but for giggles I specced 0/18/53 taking Dodge & Parry + Imp RF, I did this with the express reasoning of Wearing all my PVE tanking Gear + a bit Fat 2Hander whilst still hitting 544 def with 24% Dodge + 20% Parry.

sitting at almost 30k unbuffed made me feel a lot more solid.

I didn't hit quite so hard but the survivability seemed pretty good particularly with a pocket healer.

Anyone else tried this ?
Bobness

Re: [Ret - PvP] With avoidance + Prot Pve Gear

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:35 am

I don't see where it's worth it tbh. It makes you strong against melee classes sure, but last I checked it was the ranged classes that put the biggest hurt on me in PVP. Burst's still more important that survivability in most of the PVP I've done to date.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Re: [Ret - PvP] With avoidance + Prot Pve Gear

Postby Bobness » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:43 am

Yeah, that's certainly true about the casters. Perhaps i just wanted to feel as if i'd survived longer than i really did, but against other melee that normally destroy me (Read DK's) I was tending to take them down & holding flags solo which I wouldn't normally try unless specced Prot.

It seemed like fun & was viable, i wouldn't however try it in the arena.

On the other hand I did actually come up against a really well specced Prot Healer it was jaw dropping to watch, after the BG finished i logged the armoury checked his spec & thought that is so going to get the nerfbat.
Bobness

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes