Remove Advertisements

[Disc Priest] All other sites blocked

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Disc Priest] All other sites blocked

Postby Bundy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:58 am

Well just so you know, my current spec isnt with Imp heaing for the -15% mana cost on Gheal.

This

Greater Heal: 2.3 sec cast, 1236 mana cost
Average Heal (inc crits): 7498
Minimum Heal: 7165 Maximum Heal: 7831
Ave crit: 11247 Maximum crit: 11746
HpS: 3642.72 HpM: 6.77

Flash Heal: 1.38 sec cast, 591 mana cost
Average Heal (inc crits): 3650
Minimum Heal: 3491 Maximum Heal: 3809
Ave crit: 5457 Maximum crit: 5714
HpS: 2996 HpM: 6.98

Is not quite right. I dont know what your not considering, but my Gheal always heals for at least 8k and crits for upwards of 13k. But thank you for showing me that, it does help a little. but surely if I had the -15% cost for Gheal it would be less HpM than Fheal right?
Bundy

Postby katraya » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 am

Perhaps but then you'd give up points in Disc and be right back where you started.

Either way, dead horse is dead. My parting advise to you is to download Rawr and Dr. Damage or a similar addon when you're back on a computer that will allow you to do so. This will let you see the numbers quite easily.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Imp Healing decreases the cost of Gheal and Penance and then some other stuff thats irrelevant. But it does not effect Fheal.
Where did you get this from? If target is below 50% you get an increases crit chance on Fheal, not flat out more heals.

I misread Improved Lesser Heal as Flash Heal, but at any rate +10% crit makes it better mana efficiency through rapture (and higher proc chance on Divine Aegis). Furthermore, there's Glyph of Flash Heal for 10% off anyway. That still puts the cost reduction of Flash Heal higher.
I understand nearly everyone here is in the raiding mindset, but I dont think its possible to predict whats going to happen in a raid. You dont know for a fact that a Paly healer is gonna be there, or a druid, or any other class. So im not gonna spec with assumptions like these. I can only spec assuming im the only healer there, thats the only thing thats garunteed in my book.

I can't control the weather either, amusingly. Still, if your raid has no holy paladins or resto druids you're in sad shape for a 25-man. Saying "oh well, G.Heal is better in 5% of circumstance obviously is win" doesn't really fly.
Furthermore, I really dont care if I overheal because if I crit with it, its moar bubbles as well as inspiration. I havnt had a fight yet that required me to use even half my mana pool. Granted im not in Ulduar yet, so that may or may not change.

So you're not even in content that would require the greater HPS of G. Heal.

Dead horse is dead horse. Get Rawr.
Elsie

Postby Bundy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Please quit it with this dead horse is dead business. The horse is as healthy as a horse.

Its clear that the only 2 things FHeal has going for it is the increase crit chance, and the actual cast time being faster.

Gheal beats it in every efficiency category there is. I dont have to give up that many points in Disc to get the imp healing either. Just the 20% CD on Penance(1.4 secs off.....oh noes) and 1 or 2 out of imp Fheal, or something else of your choice. The build is 53/18/0

I can't control the weather either, amusingly. Still, if your raid has no holy paladins or resto druids you're in sad shape for a 25-man. Saying "oh well, G.Heal is better in 5% of circumstance obviously is win" doesn't really fly.

Like I said before, its all about prespective. My prespective on this is that of a healer doing 10 MANS, but not because I want to, but because my terrible ass Iraqi internet cant handle 25 mans. Ive tried them and I just get DC'd over and over again. My latency on a good day is about 1300.

I am geared enough to do some 25 mans, and I fully intend to when I get home in a few weeks. Maybe then my prespective on this will change. But right now, I dont have 3 other guys healing my Tank, its just me. So when a tank has 35k-40k hp, as long as hes above 50%, theres a good chance a Gheal will not be much of an overheal if at all.
Bundy

Postby glorfindell » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:52 pm

Bundy wrote:Please quit it with this dead horse is dead business. The horse is as healthy as a horse.

Its clear that the only 2 things FHeal has going for it is the increase crit chance, and the actual cast time being faster.

Gheal beats it in every efficiency category there is. I dont have to give up that many points in Disc to get the imp healing either. Just the 20% CD on Penance(1.4 secs off.....oh noes) and 1 or 2 out of imp Fheal, or something else of your choice. The build is 53/18/0

Like I said before, its all about prespective. My prespective on this is that of a healer doing 10 MANS, but not because I want to, but because my terrible ass Iraqi internet cant handle 25 mans. Ive tried them and I just get DC'd over and over again. My latency on a good day is about 1300.

I am geared enough to do some 25 mans, and I fully intend to when I get home in a few weeks. Maybe then my prespective on this will change. But right now, I dont have 3 other guys healing my Tank, its just me. So when a tank has 35k-40k hp, as long as hes above 50%, theres a good chance a Gheal will not be much of an overheal if at all.

Your spec is a matter of personal choice, obviously, but as you said you were interested in maximising your efficiency, I would suggest that you re-look at reducing the cooldown of Penance. If you are worried about efficiency, Penance is your most efficient healing spell as far as HPM. It is also your most powerful throughput spell in terms of HPS. Penance heals for approximately as much as Greater Heal in a shorter time frame, for less mana. Also, the first hit is instant, so if the tank is in trouble it will be healing him when he needs it most.

In terms of both efficiency and throughput, Penance is better than either GHeal or FHeal. I think we can agree on that.

I understand that this debate of GHeal vs. FHeal is meant to decide which spell is better to use in terms of both efficiency and throughput while Penance is on cooldown. But since Penance is better than either of them, it makes sense to use it as much as possible, and Glyphing and talenting to reduce it's cooldown is the way to do that.

As far as GHeal vs FHeal in the context as filler spells for when Penance is on CD, I think the next patch may sway the balance towards GHeal a little more. In heavy damage single-target healing scenarios, a two second longer CD on Penance may lead to situations where FHeal just isn't enough to keep your target up until Penance is off CD. Bundy, this might infact be why your prefer GHeal right now, as you don't have the reduced CD on Penance. PW:S -> Penance -> (hasted)GHeal -> FHealx2 -> Penance might be my new heavy tank damage rotation. Overall I think FHeal will still be more flexible for raid healing or lighter damage scenarios, and more efficient in a situation where GHeal will cause big overheal, so I'll be holding on to Imp. Flash Heal.
glorfindell

Postby Bundy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:44 am

Well after I healed a few 5-8 min fights and my mana pool wasnt phased in the least bit, I decided mana efficiency is not an issue at this time. And then I got the CD on Penance at the expense of -15% mana cost, although the 1.4 secs it took off the CD did not impress me. Somehow my internet aloud me to do a 25 man and I can see a little more where you guys are coming from with Fheal. I ended up using it a little more than I usualy would in the 10 man fights. But the absence of the shorter CD on Penance had nothing to do with my preference of Gheal over Fheal. It was strictly a efficiency thing.

But anyways I am officialy on my way home from Iraq and will be playing on a real computer soon enough. So I can install addons and what not and do some real content without being D/Cd every 2 secs. Its gonna be great.

Just in case there was some confusion, heres the build i was talking about, the Gheal/Penance mana efficient one.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbuhhVRGRfcRtzxtcc

Although the points in the middle are not set in stone. Enlightenment, Imp Fheal, and Focus Will are all interchangable however you prefer. And hell, I still think you could easily get away with 1 point in Grace. I mean as a MT healer, once its on him, all you gotta do is refresh it, I dont think 100% chance is neccessary. All you gotta do is get 1 to land every 15secs. But hey, thats me.
Bundy

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes