[Ret-PvE] Is 5% damage to CS on PvP gloves any useful?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret-PvE] Is 5% damage to CS on PvP gloves any useful?

Postby MrDuck » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:03 am

Heya, so I've been looking at what to spend emblems on yesterday, and been thinking about these PvP gloves. They have less crit and STR than my current T7level gloves (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40261), but have a socket (need a blue hybrid gem for meta anyway) and this CS bonus.

So, is the bonus worth the upgrade?

(i'm at some 3,4k ap and 34% crit if it matters, 212 hit and about 6% arp)
MrDuck

Re: [Ret-PvE] Is 5% damage to CS on PvP gloves any useful?

Postby Jedah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:21 am

You'd have to look at your current gear/stats and use a spreadsheet for a truly accurate assessment, but assuming you don't want to do that... simply take a look at what % of your damage done is from crusader strike, then consider what increasing that by 5% would do for your total DPS? I just hit 80 on my prot pally last night (woot!) so I am not super savvy on end-game ret damage breakdowns (yet), but I'd assume it's less than 20% of your total damage done. Increasing less than 1/5th of your damage by 5% is less than a 1% total increase in DPS, so any way you look at it I would say it is not gamebreaking.
Jedah

Re: [Ret-PvE] Is 5% damage to CS on PvP gloves any useful?

Postby Ano » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:20 am

pre wotlk that 5% was an absolute must have. now, really not so much. for a long time my t7 were better, but as ive gotten into ulduar and lucky drop got me the furious glad gloves they are the best i have, ultimatly they will be repalced though as they are no where near best in slot. if you're short hit rating then obv thats 1st over everything. if you have the hit and the pvp gloves are very close in str and crit than they are probably better, but t7 and deadly/hateful glad stuff are very close
Ano

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes