The ultimate solo spec?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

The ultimate solo spec?

Postby Horanur » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:09 am

I heard yesterday that Nefarian has been soloed by a prot paladin, that got me thinking....

In my experiance, the hands-down best way to solo stuff meant for a group is through the use of a defense-capped DPS set.

What i haven't done is the research into talent optimization in conjunction with a hybrid tank-dps set.

I assumed that doing some kinda funky all-spec hybrid would be the best way... i will be playing around with this idea today, but anyone have a specific spec that they have had success with?
Horanur

Re: The ultimate solo spec?

Postby theothersteve7 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:16 am

In my experience, it depends on the fight. Personally, I'd say that having any two geared Paladin specs sealing Light should be pretty good.

The short version is that Prot is better for incoming physical damage, and Ret is better for magic damage thanks to Art of War. Check out Geddon and Gar in MC for a good example.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Re: The ultimate solo spec?

Postby Loken » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:46 pm

I admit there's a stark difference in specs between Raid tankadin and solo builds.

I know when I solo raid bosses I like to ensure my biggest priority is on HP regen and on some fights, Seal/Judge light alone just isn't enough. I DO stack out the Reckoning to 5/5 for such a situation as a quick string of +self heals I find often proves to be the difference between winning a fight or dying.

I tend to spec more in such a scenario from talents that benefit via intervention from other players, to the talents that work for me alone.

So I do have my dual spec set up this way too. First spec is a classic raid spec, the second spec is just for solo stuff outside of runs.

Both specs are obviously Prot.
Loken

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes