[Prot-PvP] Looking for some help regarding gear

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Prot-PvP] Looking for some help regarding gear

Postby Kraxia » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Your topic, I tagged it for you. -Baelor

i was wondering, ive got some optimal specs down for prot pvp but i was wondering what i should do with my gear set up, right now im using mostly prot pve gear with a peice or two of pvp holy gear, i was wondering if anyne had any suggestions on how i could gear myself to keep loads of survivability and have a better mana pool or more damage output, any suggestions or tips would be much apprecaited

(Also would stacking more holy gear give me more effective survivability due to heals??)
Kraxia

Re: Looking for some help regarding Prot - PvP gear

Postby Barathorn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:18 am

Although a gearing issue, you may find better advice in the off specs forum so I'll move you there to see if people can help :wink: .

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: [Prot-PvP] Looking for some help regarding gear

Postby Kraxia » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:35 am

im still prot.. a tankadin, only tanking players as apposed to mobs.. its not off spec in my eyes :)
Kraxia

Postby Baelor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Kraxia wrote:im still prot.. a tankadin, only tanking players as apposed to mobs.. its not off spec in my eyes :)

The forum is called Maintankadin.
It is aimed at those paladins who are interested in tanking.
Tanking in the PvE sense of the word does not occur in PvP situations.
You belong here.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Kraxia » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:27 pm

haha i can easily debate that but its ok i dont care as long as people with pvp prot expeirence roam this part of the forum lol

edit- upon browsing the fourm i found the prot pvp 3.1 post and am reading that now :D
Kraxia

Postby combatwombat » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:34 pm

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... mbatwombat

Is what i use atm. Trying to build up a crit/resilence set too and maybe check if i can get more out of it after 3.2
combatwombat

Postby Faids » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 am

Faids

Postby IgnisTemper » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:52 pm

I'm with combatwombat on this one. Stacking BV gear is not the way to go with prot PVP, even though this thread is focused on the prot/holy split and not prot/ret.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... lf&n=Ignis

I'm currently running as this in BGs for the last week, can't seem to get myself convinced to arena again, but it really is the better way to go. Watch wombat's latest video on prot pvp in ret gear and it's astoundingly effective if you try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN0h0ZO1loE (sorry wombat, I love your video, but the music selection doesn't fit :) )

This is going to be especially true if the current build of the PTR goes live as is, SBV is going to be soft-capped for ShoR. Which is also the only attack that benefits from that value, everything else takes from a combination of AP and SP. So stacking STR to get your SBV in this regard is much more effective than stacking the BV stat.

BTW, I love running around as prot. I was my guild's MT for all of BC, this wasn't always a good thing, but since we ended up with a surplus of tanks in WotLK I switched to ret to shore up our failing DPS. I can definitely say I'm glad to be back playing a prot, even though I'm not tanking anything right now except maybe a few WMs and Drek in AV or half of the horde's team in WSG when FCing.
IgnisTemper

Postby Xequecal » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:57 pm

For a Prot/Holy split, I would strongly suggest wearing 3 pieces of the old Field Marshal set so you get a 10-sec CD Hammer of Justice. This lets you pull some pretty incredible antics, such as stun/silence locking two people at once for large periods of time. (Put up Seal of Justice, HoJ person A, melee person B three times, Avenger's Shield them both for the silence, then HoJ person B while meleeing person A with SoJ.)
Xequecal

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes