Remove Advertisements

T8 Warrior w/o imp def stance?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

T8 Warrior w/o imp def stance?

Postby Bundy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:06 am

I saw a badass looking warrior so I inspected him to compare gear and talents. All Tier 8+ gear and like 34k hp. Then I looked at his talents, and it was a quite different than my own.

In prot, he didnt take gag order or imp def stance, and instead took safegaurd? This confused me greatly.
Fury he took the armor = AP and 5% crit
Arms, the usual but did not get 20% crit damage and bleed effect

Could someone confirm that this guy is drunk please? Who doesnt want 6% less spell damage and 10% more damage output?
And 5% more crit isnt as good as bigger crits with bleeds right?

I guess it doesnt matter really, I dont base my spec choices on other people, I just use them to better form my owm decision. But is there something im missing here?
Last edited by Bundy on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bundy

Re: T8 Warrior w/o imp def stance?

Postby Kynes » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:06 am

Bundy wrote:But is there something im missing here?

This is a paladin tank forum?

Seriously though, I can't speak for everyone but I doubt this is the best place to ask about Warrior specs.

EDIT: A quick google search yielded an amazing EJ post. http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t18771-protection_guide/
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Re: T8 [Warrior] w/o imp def stance?

Postby Bundy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:46 am

Yes I realize its a paladin based forum thank you for pointing that out.
Ive explained before in previous posts, but I will explain again.

Im in Iraq and they block every site you can imagine, except this one somehow. I would happily go to a warrior based forum for questions like these if I could, but I cant.

I do roll a tankadin as well as a prot warrior, warrior just happens to be my main at the time.

I dont have much to do all day except read shit on here, and ive read alot of it. If you dont want to discuss anything regaurding warriors or any other class, thats fine, just dont respond. But ive seen plenty of posts about other classes so I dont see a huge problem.

Maybe im not in the exact section others think this should be in, but I tried.

To me this forum is about paly tanking as well as tanking in general as ive seen countless post comparing the tanking classes. Im sure someone out there has some warrior knowledged, all im asking is that they share that. It doesnt hurt you or anyone else so what is the problem? If the site is called "MainTANKadin" should there be anyone posting about there Ret/holy spec? I think I have just as much the right to post about tanking as a warrior as they do. Again, maybe this belongs in the off spec section, im not sure. If so, it can be moved.

Gimme a break here, I have to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and this is the only site I have access to that keeps me sane at work.
Bundy

Postby Argali » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:00 pm

There is an off-spec forum to post about non pala stuff.
Argali

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Argali wrote:There is an off-spec forum to post about non pala stuff.

The thread has been moved to the Off-Spec forum.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:37 pm

According to what you said, this warrior was just bad.

Not taking Impale and Imp Def Stance is just, wrong on so many degrees i can't explain.

Not taking Imp Def Stance is like not taking 1h spec as prot pala. Impale is a lot more DPS (hence, TPS) than Cruelty as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bundy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Thank you Worldie, thats all that needed to be said.
Bundy

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes