[Ret PVP] 3.2 Changes announced...thoughts?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Ret PVP] 3.2 Changes announced...thoughts?

Postby Baelor » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:41 am

Honorshammer wrote:
bub64882 wrote:
Lore wrote:The problem with resetting Exo's CD is that I still don't want to hit it if anything else is up at all.

"When this happens, hit this button" abilities only work out when the button you're hitting is better than (almost) everything else.

Right, which is why if they want it to work out where we have a choice based on a proc, both FoL and Exo need to be instant cast and not trigger the GCD.

The biggest reason I don't use AoW procs right now is that it resets my swing timer. I don't want that to happen.

As Maji said, they fixed that.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Lore » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:41 am

Yeah, some time ago. 3.1.0 I think?
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:58 pm

Do you really think that Command will be the PVP seal? It seems like SoV will have more DPS and more burst once a 5 stack is up, with the luxury of adding another debuff. I understand that with kiting and dispels, it may end up a bit limited against some comps, but it seems to have a lot more potential. I guess choice is good though.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:05 pm

SoComm has better mana efficiency and quicker upfront burst. SoV has more potential overall damage, and an additional debuff. I am unsure whether or not SoV dot ticks break Repentance. If it does, I'd say yeah, SoComm for pvp looks like the right choice.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Proudfoot » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Lore wrote:Art of War/Exo change is almost completely meaningless when you take into consideration that it'll probably still have its 15 second cooldown. By the time 15 seconds have passed, I'll have done anywhere between 2-3 Crusader Strikes, 1-2 Divine Storms, and 1-2 Judgements. If Art of War isn't up by then, I'm doing something very wrong.

I am kind of curious what they meant by Art of War only applying to melee critical hits though.

I see this change as a DPS loss because of the change to CS. It means we have more time wasted by GCD's and nothing new added to improve DPS. If we're going to be using Exo the same amount as before and basically just losing the ability to cast heals when damaged then that's a survivability nerf too.

I guess we will have to wait and see if the change to SoV will be a DPS increase but as of right now I'm sceptical.
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Elsie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:04 am

Fridmarr wrote:Do you really think that Command will be the PVP seal? It seems like SoV will have more DPS and more burst once a 5 stack is up, with the luxury of adding another debuff. I understand that with kiting and dispels, it may end up a bit limited against some comps, but it seems to have a lot more potential. I guess choice is good though.

It depends on how dispels work. If you can dispel a full stack at once, Seal of Command will win out against dispel heavy comps. However, Seal of Vengeance makes Righteous Vengeance more attractive. I could see myself enjoying 2pc pve next season.
Elsie

Postby Chronotriggerjm » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:44 am

Would it be a burden for anyone here to do a copy paste of everything going on with the new update? I'm at a work computer and my access to 95% of the gaming sites I go to is non-existent. (Yes I know I should be working, shush!).

As someone mentioned above, would the new seal of command be better for trash that dies quickly compared to long haul fights? Or would it be better to just stick with corruption as the all purpose?

Also, while I think it would be COMPLETELY over-powered, I like that comment above about Art of War giving you the chance to use a hammer of wrath regardless of hp. Blizzard should make something along those lines happen. I'm so jealous of arms warriors sometimes :(
Chronotriggerjm

Postby Robbo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 am

The absolute LAST thing I want is to have to prioritize a proc. I don't play my warrior anymore because of how annoying that is to me.
Robbo
Maintankadonor

Postby Angelarc6570 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Elsie wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:Do you really think that Command will be the PVP seal? It seems like SoV will have more DPS and more burst once a 5 stack is up, with the luxury of adding another debuff. I understand that with kiting and dispels, it may end up a bit limited against some comps, but it seems to have a lot more potential. I guess choice is good though.

It depends on how dispels work. If you can dispel a full stack at once, Seal of Command will win out against dispel heavy comps. However, Seal of Vengeance makes Righteous Vengeance more attractive. I could see myself enjoying 2pc pve next season.

Currently, after doing a match of IoC, I tried using SoV on a target, and after getting a full stack up, seems as if the Priest was able to dispell the full stack at once, not one at a time like currently. So it looks like, unless the other team doesn have a defensive dispeller or you are in BG, you will be stuck using SoC
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Postby Proudfoot » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Robbo wrote:The absolute LAST thing I want is to have to prioritize a proc. I don't play my warrior anymore because of how annoying that is to me.

As much as you dislike it Blizzard loves it and they've used it on several classes/specs not just Arms Warr. It really isn't that hard to prioritize an attack when something procs (as long as there aren't multiple different procs and abilities associated). I'd personally like to see this type of funtion implemented for Paladins so you can more readily tell the good ones from the bad.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby bub64882 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:43 pm

I've seen it posted on wow.com that AoW is proc'ing from Auto Attacks, and so is basically up full time. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, what does 3.2 testing show w/ regard to our DPS? Between the seal change, the exo change, and the CS change, I would think DPS would dip a bit. They've certainly nerfed our burst, which combined w/ the changes to 2V2 rating not worth anything, I pretty much think my time in Arena is over.
bub64882

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:19 pm

I still had the old premade paladin up on ptr... I also had 20 minutes left of seal of the martyr lol.

A few quick smashes of the dummies showed seal of command to be pretty good with around 3100 dps (single target) self buffed(premade). I was surprised because I couldn't really get veng up that high.

Will have another muck around tonight.
Sarutankah

Postby Proudfoot » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:52 pm

according to my version of Rawr (2.2.7 which includes a 3.2 mode option) our PVE DPS should be going up?? Anyone confirm?
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby majiben » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Yes
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Modal » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:21 pm

Robbo wrote:The absolute LAST thing I want is to have to prioritize a proc. I don't play my warrior anymore because of how annoying that is to me.

Unless something else changes you won't. You'll still cast Exo on its 15s CD pretty much every time. AoW changes are a PvP burst nerf, and won't have much impact on PvE.
Modal

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes