Remove Advertisements

[Druid -Feral] AoE Tanking / threat generation

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Druid -Feral] AoE Tanking / threat generation

Postby semp » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 am

Recently finished leveling my druid. Really have been liking druid tanking. As far as aoe tanking in concerned, besides Swipe, shoutting, and tab/lacerating, is there anything else i can do to hold better aoe agro? This mostly becomes an issue with much higher geared DPS, specifically ret paladins.

Also for single target threat, I have been sing mangle on CD, getting 5 stacks of lacerate up, maul when possible along with swipe on open CDs or am i better off using FF over swipe for single target threat?
semp

Re: [Druid -Feral] AoE Tanking / threat generation

Postby Levantine » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:08 am

FFF > pretty much everything for single target threat iirc.

Also, naw, there's not really much else you can do to AoE tank other than spam the living fuck out of Swipe. At least you don't have to funnel the mobs into a strict cone like you used to these days. :P
Levantine

Re: [Druid -Feral] AoE Tanking / threat generation

Postby semp » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:00 am

After i figured out how to correctly use Maul and glyphed it, Aoe threat is pretty easy now. Switch targets when its a group of 4 or more, to try and get maul on more than the same 2 targets.
semp

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes