[Ret] Libram of Discord?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Ret] Libram of Discord?

Postby Angelarc6570 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:46 am

Problem with that is Discord and Radiance are only for one burst attack, where the 120 AP is for all, not to mention your heals, and very very rarely will you be wanting to use a large amount of your burst in the beggining of a fight anyway, seeing as how the other teams healer still has all of their CD's up.
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Postby Fedaykin98 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:01 am

But again, with all the CC, rooting, kiting, etc. that takes place in Arena, there will be tons of time when the Arena Libram is not up. Any Crusader Strike that is more than 10 seconds later than the last one won't get a benefit. Then DS and Judgement will get an extra 120 AP, but Discord would add (around?) 230 damage to DS, which I imagine beats the Libram for that one hit.

I'm not equipping it for now, just thinking out loud. :)
Fedaykin98

Postby GothicPL » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Fedaykin98 wrote:But again, with all the CC, rooting, kiting, etc. that takes place in Arena, there will be tons of time when the Arena Libram is not up. Any Crusader Strike that is more than 10 seconds later than the last one won't get a benefit. Then DS and Judgement will get an extra 120 AP, but Discord would add (around?) 230 damage to DS, which I imagine beats the Libram for that one hit.

I'm not equipping it for now, just thinking out loud. :)

Don't forget about autoattacks that will happen in addition to DS and Judgement. They will get the extra 120AP bonus as well.
GothicPL

Postby Treck » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:48 pm

However, if theres ever a single more mob/player close, the DS libram wins for sure ^^
Treck

Postby Joanadark » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:31 pm

With the FCFS system, won't be there be wasted Divine Storm CD's when you're CS'ing or consecrating instead of DS'ing, pushing the cutoff CD time even more?

Why are you consecrating if DS is off cooldown?

Also, don't forget about the interaction of crits guys. If a libram increases the damage of an ability by X, if the ability crits youre actually getting 2x damage increase from the libram.

Because of this, when you have high crit and 4-peice t8 bonus, the DS libram pulls out ahead.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Argali » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:56 am

Joanadark wrote:
With the FCFS system, won't be there be wasted Divine Storm CD's when you're CS'ing or consecrating instead of DS'ing, pushing the cutoff CD time even more?

Why are you consecrating if DS is off cooldown?

Cause the FCFS priority is stuff>Consecrate>DS>stuff, last time I checked it.

Unless of course it's changed.
Argali

Postby Fedaykin98 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:01 am

It has.

The ensuing FCFS rotation conversation has been moved to its own thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24146
Please feel free to continue discussing the Libram of Discord here. -Baelor
Fedaykin98

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes