Remove Advertisements

[Holy-Pve] Ulduar healing.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Holy-Pve] Ulduar healing.

Postby Orcal » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:09 am

Hey since i dont have access to plus heal from work i dont know if this was answered. Holy pally out there are u having mana issue in ulduar 10 men. i am running with 26k mana buffed in 10 men ulduar and on figth like kologarn i have mana issue. For numbers i am around 30% overhealing with around 39% holy crit.

thanks
Orcal

Re: [Holy-Pve] Ulduar healing.

Postby Bobu » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:19 am

26k mana buffed

39% holy crit.

Honestly you shouldn't be having problems with mana healing Uldar unless your undergeared, which I can presume that your not, but since you didnt link your armory I cant be to sure. Only real way that I can see a paladin healer running out of mana is mismanagement of ones cooldowns, not using pots (since this is uldar) and this may be a far shot but your tanks taking way to much damage for any of your mana returns to be useful. Seeing that you have over 39% crit just from spamming HL with the occasional HS you really shouldn't be having mana problems.

I could be wrong but that just my 2 cents
I never really feel quite right
I don't know why, all I know is there's something wrong
Every time I look at you, you seem so alive

Tell me how do you do it, walk me through it
I'm following every
~Mr Big
Bobu

Postby Meliora » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:14 am

I think it depends on how many healers you are running with and the group set up. I do find in 10 man without a replenishment I do struggle a little but manage to prevent oom thanks to my Figurine - Sapphire Owl. The extra crit from a boomkin or elemental shaman certainly helps as the most mana gain I usually receive is from the Illumination talent.

One thing I could suggest is try moving away from the absent-minded spam of Holy Light. I found in Naxx, 3 Drakes, etc I would just sort of spam HL and move when needed but really not sweat my mana pool. For Ulduar I find that moving just before a HL cast or using Beacon of Light only in certain cases really helped me to make my mana pool last a little longer between Divine Plea usage.

Another great option you may want to consider is the Glyph of Divinity and the Glyph of Lay on Hands. With talents, etc you can get LoH down to a 11 minute C/D and with Divinity you actually see a sizable mana gain on use.
Meliora

Postby semp » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 pm

Not really haveing any mana issues when i am healing for my 25 man. A few fights I am dipping pretty low on mana like around 8kish. What I try to do sometimes is melee the boss or adds in between heals. If you can get a few wisdom procs your mana bar will fill up quickly.
semp

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes