[Ret-PvE] JotW not returning 25% mana?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret-PvE] JotW not returning 25% mana?

Postby tbolt » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:31 am

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if it's just me. I have 3/3 JotW in the Ret tree, was using seal of light to test, and have no +int or any other buff that would give increase my mana pool. Regardless of this, every time I judge I'm only gaining 15% of my base mana. If I have 25% mana before I judge I'll go up to 40%, if I have 55% I got up to 70%. Is anyone else experiencing this or is there something wrong with my toons. I have two paladins and both are showing the same thing.
tbolt

Re: [Ret-PvE] JotW not returning 25% mana?

Postby Nalyn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:45 am

Tbolt wrote:If I have 25% mana before I judge I'll go up to 40%, if I have 55% I got up to 70%.

Base mana doesn't equal total mana.

Base mana is how much mana your character would have at a given level with zero intel. Even if you have zero intel bonuses on your gear, you still have a certain amount of mana increase from your base intel, that you get for leveling.
Nalyn

Postby glorfindell » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:58 am

I dual-specced over to ret last night to do some dailies, and I was positively swimming in mana using CS > Judge > DS > Exo. Even when I used consecrate I had a lot. I was pretty surprised. Granted I Glyphed SoB, so that helps mana return too.
glorfindell

Postby Elsie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 am

glorfindell wrote:I dual-specced over to ret last night to do some dailies, and I was positively swimming in mana using CS > Judge > DS > Exo. Even when I used consecrate I had a lot. I was pretty surprised. Granted I Glyphed SoB, so that helps mana return too.

If you're using a normal rotation then ret paladins are slightly mana positive (raid buffed). The SoB glyph is entirely extra.
Elsie

Postby Argali » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:49 am

JotW should be giving you 1098.5 mana per judgement. Base mana is 4394 for paladins.
Argali

Postby tbolt » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Nalyn wrote:
Tbolt wrote:If I have 25% mana before I judge I'll go up to 40%, if I have 55% I got up to 70%.

Base mana doesn't equal total mana.

Base mana is how much mana your character would have at a given level with zero intel. Even if you have zero intel bonuses on your gear, you still have a certain amount of mana increase from your base intel, that you get for leveling.

I realize that base mana and total mana are different things. Also I opened a ticket last night when one of my toons got stuck in an instance and the GM finally got back to me today. While I had him, I asked about this and he said that it is an actual bug that they are already aware of and that they are working on it.
tbolt

Postby Smite-Turalyon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:47 am

glorfindell wrote:I dual-specced over to ret last night to do some dailies, and I was positively swimming in mana using CS > Judge > DS > Exo. Even when I used consecrate I had a lot. I was pretty surprised. Granted I Glyphed SoB, so that helps mana return too.

I find this to be correct, the glyphed SoB also helped me have enough mana for AoW procs which helped the healers a bunch. I semeed to be able to rotate both consecrate and exorcism in without mana issues though lots of AoW use did drive my mana slowly down
Smite-Turalyon

Postby Lore » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:26 am

GM's are, unfortunately, very frequently wrong about what is and isn't a bug being worked on. Usually they'll just see "This guy says that's not working how it's supposed to, so it must be a bug, and if it's a bug I should say we're working on it."

JotW is, in fact, returning 25% of base mana. Base mana is not naked/unbuffed mana. It's the mana you would have before the int you get just for being level 80.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes