[Ret] DPS Regression

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret] DPS Regression

Postby Eizen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:28 am

JC Boar Trinket w/16Str x2--> Bandit's Insignia
Heroic Ring~hemmoriage? ----> Circle of Death
Inevitable Defeat w/110AP --> JawBone w/Berserker
Maybe: Blue Co.Libram (crit)-> Epic~ Crusader Strike Libram (120ish dmg)

So I've gotten the the above upgrades over a short period of time after giving up hope on getting the "Betrayer of Humanity" and using my points when possible to get those items instead of holing on to them for bidding on the axe as it has yet to drop ever since we started naxx which I believe was in Jan.

Last night we did Patchwerk and I was excited to see how well I did since I recently got Circle of Death from a 10man run. Anyways I took a screenshot of the DPS and DMG Done from Recount and compared it to a old run from a while back when I had the previous gear listed above. To my surprise I had done more damage and more dps a while back then what I did now....wow The difference wasn't huge but still...come on! It was something like 1,072,### vs 920,### DMG and 3,970 vs 3,910 DPS

Buffs?
The only one I see missing vs the old run is the druid crit buff, leader of the pack?

At this point I'm thinking of going back to Inevitable Defeat or maybe putting 110AP on JawBone.

What's going on...
(I'll update the post with screenshots tonight)

I'm not a theory crafter type and go by what other people suggest and mostly what makes sense to me so this has confused me. Is it just another effect from the RNG?
Eizen

Re: [Ret] DPS Regression

Postby Baelor » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:40 am

Random crits are random.

2 parses is a small sample size. Parse several Patchwerks and then take a look at the numbers.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby majiben » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:46 am

What was the length of each fight? Higher trinket and Bloodlust/heroism uptime makes a huge difference. 5% crit is nothing to sneeze at. Missing that is a large dps drop. Finally you made rather small upgrades. The RNG could hide that.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby guillex » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:50 am

I think that the Venture Co. Libram is argued as BiS for right now ... The uptime comes out ahead of what the CS libram has... That's if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure there's been maths done on retpaladin.com.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Eizen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 am

Yeah I'll have to do more testing, this just caught me offguard. T_T
Eizen

Postby tinalt » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:35 am

Guillex wrote:I think that the Venture Co. Libram is argued as BiS for right now ... The uptime comes out ahead of what the CS libram has... That's if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure there's been maths done on retpaladin.com.

I thought the PvP libram was BiS right now. iirc the Venture Co. libram is 2nd BiS
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:14 am

PVP libram is BIS but tough to get ahold of. CS libram is second best by a small margin. It'll also be a lot better next patch.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes