Remove Advertisements

[Warrior] leveling

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Warrior] leveling

Postby majiben » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:54 am

The protection rotation has changed a huge amount even if the tree is mostly the same. It's not the same kind of soloing experience.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Jasari » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:53 am

Well I banged out 1-15 last night using the 2hander with crusader. Whenever crusader proc'd I could one shot close to equal level mobs and just about one shot them with a heroic strike even without the proc... I found 1 HS + lolrend would be usually enough to finish them off and let me start working on the next mob. Misses did suck though and I might switch to DW Fury at 20. especially since I already have the badge 1hander that I bought for my rogue a while back and have eleventy billion stone keepers shards for the PvP on hander.
Jasari

Postby fafhrd » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:43 am

I hate to be a day late saying this, but you could have got with Counterweight Lodestone (I think that's the haste enchant) for 1-20 too, haste rating converts to RIDICULOUSLY high haste between 1-20.

Also, at a few low level ranges, questreward weapons are still better than BoA ones - at 45 for instance, you can get a thrash blade from maraudon quest (no prereq for the quest, get a 70 to kill princess for you since you can both just port to the waterfall now), which is higher DPS than level 45 BoA weapons, and higher average damage than the BoA thrash blade, which is relevant for your whirlwinds - you can pretty much use it over the BoA weapon till 55 or so (switching it from MH to OH earlier), when the BoA one catches up. Especially if you got lucky on your strath run and picked up enough orbs to slap a crusader on it too - the boa and actual trash blades can chain proc, and don't share internal cooldowns on their extra attacks (or even appear to have any cooldowns).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Jasari » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:12 am

I have a pair of the haste BoA trinket, they're pretty win for the haste but also because with the +30stam/+15resil shoulder enchant, my max health is ridiculous for my level so the +2% HP on every kill along with the crusader enchant procs makes me virtually unkillable right now.
Jasari

Postby ZombieRitual » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:53 pm

Man, my 1-60 leveling experience on my main was terrible since I leveled as an absolutely terrible sword/shield ARMS build when the game was released. Warriors were already bad at the time and I was constantly shooting myself in the foot since I didn't think using a 2her was worth the loss in defense from a shield, lol. I finally realized how much better 2hers were like at lvl 50. Good times.
ZombieRitual

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes