[Ret] 3.1 Mana Consumption/Rotation

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Ret] 3.1 Mana Consumption/Rotation

Postby Elsie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:56 am

Lore wrote:Was this PTR testing or Live?

EDIT: Your testing, that is.

My consecration test was on live. The SS is something I stole from somewhere else from a hard mode boss in Ulduar.

Yes, I'm getting that Consecration hits harder than Divine Storm except on Thaddius on average. This means consecration is better for any boss you can be reasonably certain will not move for 10 seconds after hitting consecration (so Divine Storm is situationally better for Heigan, Globbulus, and thaddius).

edit: Consecration is my 5th largest DPS contribution. Crusader strike is 6th, and then Divine Storm. RV is 4th. The other ret paladin in my guild has exactly the same spread and I don't think he prioritizes Consecration.
Elsie

Postby Fedaykin98 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:34 am

I've set up my rotation to try out J > Cons > CS > DS this week, and I'll see if it makes a noticeable difference on Sartharion tomorrow.
Fedaykin98

Postby Questioner » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:37 am

I really doubt it is priority choices causing most people to not hit 5.5k or whatever on patchwerk (or the high dps they expect of their gear). Some of it is lady luck: did you get crits during cooldowns (avenging wrath)? Did your trinkets proc during AW? The other half of high dps is latency and framerate. Every 0.1s you lag behind on registering an ability is a HUGE dps drop. There isn't all that much you can do to overcome this either.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Lore » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Yeah I had a 5400 Patch parse months ago, have gotten several upgrades since then and have yet to break 5200.

RNG is especially harsh on short fights.
Lore
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes