Remove Advertisements

[Ret-PvE] Discussion on Ret gear stats.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Ret-PvE] Discussion on Ret gear stats.

Postby honorshammer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:00 pm

It shows a 12dps difference with my gear (270 Hit Rating with Demise equiped)
honorshammer

Postby Levantine » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:55 pm

12 dps out of, what, 3-3.5k? Totally important number. ;)
Levantine

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:27 am

Levantine wrote:12 dps out of, what, 3-3.5k? Totally important number. ;)

More deeps is more deeps, doesn't matter if it's 12 or 1200.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Lore wrote:More deeps is more deeps, doesn't matter if it's 12 or 1200.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:11 pm

Speaking from someone who has wiped at 1% multiple times because they lacked like 10-20 DPS, yes, 12 DPS more is important.

HI BRUTALLUS AND ENTROPIUS, LONG TIME NO SEE.

:\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Luckily for me, I don't live in a bleeding edge progression guild that wipes at 1% on M'uru and Brutallus, and luckily for me, that sort of thing hasn't appeared in Wrath yet either. 12 DPS in current content is immaterial.

If something arises (that's not months and months in the past) where the 12 dps is important enough to make a difference, then I'll take my statement back. Of course, it'd also involve me speccing Unholy (instead of Frost) to DPS and start cutting myself whenever I raid instead of having fun, but that's inconsequential.
Levantine

Postby Sober » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:38 am

Worldie wrote:Speaking from someone who has wiped at 1% multiple times because they lacked like 10-20 DPS, yes, 12 DPS more is important.

HI BRUTALLUS AND ENTROPIUS, LONG TIME NO SEE.

:\

Or for pugs where you blow hero/BL at the start of the fight and the 5 min debuff falls off and Archavon still isn't dead.
Sober

Postby Elsie » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:55 am

Levantine wrote:Luckily for me, I don't live in a bleeding edge progression guild that wipes at 1% on M'uru and Brutallus, and luckily for me, that sort of thing hasn't appeared in Wrath yet either. 12 DPS in current content is immaterial.

If something arises (that's not months and months in the past) where the 12 dps is important enough to make a difference, then I'll take my statement back. Of course, it'd also involve me speccing Unholy (instead of Frost) to DPS and start cutting myself whenever I raid instead of having fun, but that's inconsequential.

Yknow what, I agree. 12 dps is immaterial.

So, I'm not enchanting my next gloves. 44 AP is pretty much under 50 DPS, so it's immaterial. I'm not enchanting my boots either. Who needs 12 hit/crit? That's under 50s dps, so it's immaterial. I just don't see the point in two-handed weapon specialization. 2% DMG is under 60 DPS since it doesn't affect all my abilities, I don't need that. God I'm going to save so much money not enchanting my gear. Btw, who decided we needed gems? Those aren't even 40 DPS each.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:43 am

Levantine wrote:Luckily for me, I don't live in a bleeding edge progression guild that wipes at 1% on M'uru and Brutallus, and luckily for me, that sort of thing hasn't appeared in Wrath yet either. 12 DPS in current content is immaterial.

Guardians Clan where i was in was anything except a bleeding edge guild, yet we had multiple 1-0% wipes.

I still remind perfectly a 25k HP Wipe on Kil Jaeden. If anyone in the fight would have critted once more we'd have killed him 3 hours before the real kill.

Not being in a bleeding edge guild is not a reason to not have the best enchant/spec, all those small DPS increase sum up.

Small note: i will enchant 63 spellpower when i'll have a proper weapon.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes