[Ret-PVE] T8 set bonuses

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret-PVE] T8 set bonuses

Postby semp » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:38 am

* Paladin T8 Retribution 2P Bonus -- Increases the damage done by your Exorcism and Hammer of Wrath abilities by 10%.
* Paladin T8 Retribution 4P Bonus -- Increases the critical strike chance of your Divine Storm and Crusader Strike abilities by 10%.

I wish they would just replicat the T7 bonuses onto the T8 set because these suck hard in comparison.

Has there ben a new ret libram released as well?
semp
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:13 am

Postby Tonic » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:45 am

I actually like these set bonuses. They're actually bonuses instead of being so amazing they can be considered mandatory.

Yes, there is a new Ret Libram. It increases Divine Storm's damage by 200-something (226 if I recall correctly)
Image
User avatar
Tonic
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 10:28 pm
Location: Finland, Dunemaul EU

Postby tinalt » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:56 am

2 piece bonus is full of fail. 4 piece bonus looks like it may be a decent DPS increase.
User avatar
tinalt
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 pm
Location: South Korea

Postby majiben » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:04 am

The prot 2 piece would be more desirable to ret than their 2 piece. It's a good thing we don't have hit or expertise on or set or a 2 piece prot set could be very strong for ret.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby katraya » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 am

So much stam on the ret set...

Not including socket bonuses, the prot 25 man set has 671 stamina while the ret set has 632. That seems a bit excessive.
Image
User avatar
katraya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:45 am

Postby amh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:50 am

Majiben wrote:The prot 2 piece would be more desirable to ret than their 2 piece. It's a good thing we don't have hit or expertise on or set or a 2 piece prot set could be very strong for ret.


Shame T8 is only five pieces, would be fun with 4pc ret + 2pc prot.

Hehe, random thought: 2pc prot t7 + 2pc prot t8 + 2pc t8 ret.. Not so much of an issue with dual specs coming out though.
Edit: for prot-dps ofcourse
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Postby semp » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:07 am

amh wrote:
Majiben wrote:The prot 2 piece would be more desirable to ret than their 2 piece. It's a good thing we don't have hit or expertise on or set or a 2 piece prot set could be very strong for ret.


Shame T8 is only five pieces, would be fun with 4pc ret + 2pc prot.

Hehe, random thought: 2pc prot t7 + 2pc prot t8 + 2pc t8 ret.. Not so much of an issue with dual specs coming out though.
Edit: for prot-dps ofcourse


6 pieces of gear cant fit in 5 slots sadly
semp
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:13 am

Postby amh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:15 am

Yeah, I might have mentioned that :)
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Postby Baelor » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:16 am

semp wrote:
amh wrote:
Majiben wrote:The prot 2 piece would be more desirable to ret than their 2 piece. It's a good thing we don't have hit or expertise on or set or a 2 piece prot set could be very strong for ret.


Shame T8 is only five pieces, would be fun with 4pc ret + 2pc prot.

Hehe, random thought: 2pc prot t7 + 2pc prot t8 + 2pc t8 ret.. Not so much of an issue with dual specs coming out though.
Edit: for prot-dps ofcourse


6 pieces of gear cant fit in 5 slots sadly

I have the solution!

Only wear 1 glove from each set.

It'll work! I swear!

... where are you guys going? Come on, it's a good idea! I've got others! Stay awhile and listen!
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
Baelor
Moderator
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am
Location: New York

Postby Lore » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:37 am

Katraya wrote:So much stam on the ret set...

Not including socket bonuses, the prot 25 man set has 671 stamina while the ret set has 632. That seems a bit excessive.


Stam is a Ret DPS stat.

You do 0 damage after killing yourself from JoB crits.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Baelor » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:40 am

Lore wrote:
Katraya wrote:So much stam on the ret set...

Not including socket bonuses, the prot 25 man set has 671 stamina while the ret set has 632. That seems a bit excessive.


Stam is a Ret DPS stat.

You do 0 damage after killing yourself from JoB crits.

It increases Lay on Hands totals too.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
Baelor
Moderator
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am
Location: New York

Postby Fedaykin98 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 am

In some ways, I like the idea of not being forced into collecting the set in Ulduar, because there will always be competition for tokens, but there are only a few plate DPSers who roll with equal priority to myself.

I think now is a good time for me to give up on T7 4pc, since Ulduar is presumably right around the corner.
Image
User avatar
Fedaykin98
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:13 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Elsie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:00 am

The first thing I thought of when I saw the set bonuses was "Awesome, now I don't need to farm my pvp set."
+10% exorcism damage, +10% DS/CS crit? Rofl. At the very least I'll be sporting 2pc/2pc.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby Lore » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:32 am

Worth mentioning that early calculations are showing 2-pc T8 to be ever so slightly more of a DPS increase than 4-pc T7.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby amh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:34 am

Baelor wrote:... where are you guys going? Come on, it's a good idea! I've got others! Stay awhile and listen!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2waH5ONRiA

>.>

<.<

:D
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest