Remove Advertisements

[Death Knight] Sarth3D --- Gearing our DK

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Postby Falibard » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:39 am

It would seem that this is the appropriate thread for my question. So my DK hit 80 like 5 days ago (I leveled it due to our lack of a good DK tank... it was originally made as a profession bitch) so it is by no means best in slot, but it's doing okay. I have what I consider to be a good tanking spec and am just wondering what I could add or do differently to get him Sarth 3D ready.

- Armory is failing me right now, but the toon's name is Faligard.
- Yes, I know I need a new cloak. It was the first thing I could get my hands on that had def.
- Yes, I know it's a troll.

Side note: as a DK tank should I gem/enchant for +hit? I'm pretty far undercap and it's a bear to hold threat against geared dps when I'm missing. Or do I just wait because my next upgrades will likely have +hit on them?
Falibard

Re: [Death Knight] Sarth3D --- Gearing our DK

Postby Nich » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Yukionna wrote:Hello =) Since I know squat about DKs I'm wondering if anyone could point me to a "wishlist" gear guide and spec guide for MTing sarth 3 on a death knight. Unholy or Blood?? frost resist gear? How much HPs buffed... How should CDs be used (any from other classes?).

Unholy with AMZ will probably do it the easiest.

Rotate cooldowns - AMZ, IBF, AMS (as an example) and by the end of that (if you start from just after the last drake lands) you should be in the clear. I usually kept BS (and rune tap) for when I had to dodge to the side to avoid a flame wave, and a healer ended up just out of range.

In that spec, 4 pc T7 worked fine. I didn't end up needing to regem stamina in everything, so most gems that weren't in a blue socket were for hit or expertise. You don't need particularly special gear, just make sure you're not wearing stuff with lots of armour or avoidance at the expense of stam.

Blood can work, but you're basically stacking stam and relying on VB/WotN to boost your HP to eat the spikes, rather than mitigate most of the damage.
Nich

Postby Dokidoki » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:48 pm

yukiiiii!!

<3
Dokidoki

Re: [Death Knight] Sarth3D --- Gearing our DK

Postby SellassieTanks » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:24 am

WTF!?!?!?! Dk's can Tank?????
SellassieTanks

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes