Does the DK Masterfrost rotation still work?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Does the DK Masterfrost rotation still work?

Postby DisRuptive1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Is it viable and worth doing?
DisRuptive1

Re: Does the DK Masterfrost rotation still work?

Postby Nooska » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:19 am

Didn't play actively as a frost DK in previous expansions; can you elaborate on the Masterfrost rotation, then I'll be able to answer as to whether it works :)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:02 am

It was a rotation based on having high mastery and spamming FS as often as possible.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby DisRuptive1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Nooska wrote:Didn't play actively as a frost DK in previous expansions; can you elaborate on the Masterfrost rotation, then I'll be able to answer as to whether it works :)

It was all about spamming Howling Blasts and Frost Strikes. Death Runes and Frost Runes were only ever used on Howling Blast while Plague Strike (or 1 Obliterate) was used to keep your Unholy Runes charging (the decision between Plague Strike and Obliterate was generally determined through gear and sims). The hard part about it was trying to always keep one Unholy rune up so that one of the talents that refreshed your runes would only ever give you Death or Frost runes (for more Howling Blasts).

It was the better Frost spec back in WotLK. I've been considering making an alt but wouldn't want to play a Frost DK if it means I have to spend my Frost/Death runes on Obliterates.
DisRuptive1

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:19 am

They changed how that talent works now though :p You don't even take it anymore in fact.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes