Remove Advertisements

[10] Sarth +3: How to tank solo Drakes + adds as Pala

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Sarth +3: How to tank solo Drakes + adds as Pala

Postby Rasmfrackn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Avengeance wrote:We tank sarth in the eastern side of the island, with him turned south. (Translating to something more understandable, we tank him on the edge of the platform nearest to the entrance, turned "left" if you are standing at buff spot looking at him before pull).

Thanks for the reminder on the ele shaman helping with TT.

And you tank everything on the south end, right? I was tanking on the portal to pick up whelps without having to add in AS as something to remember to get them off the healadin, but maybe we should go that route. Then again, it doesn't take THAT long for the first wave of whelps to come out... I can reposition after that. I really like blowing a sapper charge to glue them all to me immediately.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Avengeance » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Ye i tank everything in the south... I dont like tanking on portal incase i misclick on it and enter it by accident, I dont have trouble picking up whelps with AS + RD + Single taunt so...
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby culhag » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Follow up : after 4 nights of struggling unsuccessfully with 3 tanks 2 healers, it took us less than an hour to get Sartha down with 2 tanks 2 healers.
(making a note here : HUGE SUCCESS! )

Thanks for all the info here, it was very helpful.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Rasmfrackn » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:46 am

Finally got it last night! We had a lot of random fails (mostly me... :oops: ) on flame walls and void blasts, but rarely the same person, so it took a while. Surprisingly one of the main failure modes on the good attempts was the sarth tank dying after Shadron died. The melee damage went up to about 10k per at that point, so until Vesperon died and got him 10k more hps, a couple in a row got pretty dangerous. Breaths were back in the ~3k range by then, of course, once the acolytes were deaded.

And then for good measure we went and took that group for our 6min malygos kill. :) (Made it by exactly 2 second! And I swapped to 1-CP stacks to crank out a little bit more there.) I wasn't even thinking about a proto-drake, but if they don't patch this week I'll have time for my 8-man maly and stupid stupid volcano achievments, which are all that's left.

Thanks for the guide and the discussion. :)
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Crazyknight » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:00 am

Dobbelsteen wrote:For your raidframes problem, I use grid and it has no issues showing aggro when my healers get it.
Personally I pull/taunt/poke all adds myself though, I don't like having 1 healer as a decoy in case 4 adds happen to spawn together and all go straight for him with RD on cooldown. Armor doesn't help with the fire based damage the elementals do iirc.

Dare I ask what your profile picture was talking about? I bet rock , paper , scissors right?
Crazyknight

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon