[10/25] Question about pyrobuffet

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Question about pyrobuffet

Postby Morober2 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:02 pm

Please please please start reading the Announcement before posting. - Guillex

Lately, my guild has been able to kill sartharion +2 but from time to time, our tank gets insta gibbed because he gets hit with a breath and a pyrobuffet at the same time. People in my guild are saying that it is normal for him to pyrobuffet like that. Is this true? I just read on wowwiki and this is what it said.

Will cast Pyrobuffet at anyone outside the area of his platform, rapidly killing them. Brief dips in the lava will generally not trigger Pyrobuffet.

We used to have our tank stand on one of the small islands on the side where you zone in. I think that sometimes he gets hit by pyrobuffet when he has to dodge a lava wall because he runs to the left and off the island and farther from sartharions main platform. Our latest attempts the raid leader actually had the tank stand off of sartharions platform and off the little islands, so completely across the lava. So the tank wasn't on sartharions main area at all. Is it possible that we are killing ourselves and beating our heads against a wall because pyrobuffet is preventable, or is wowwiki incorrect and pyrobuffet is one of his normal abilities that he casts anyway?
80 Human Paladin
Tank Leader <Eclipse> Gilneas

Benediction, Seals of the Pure, and Conviction SUCK
Morober2

Postby amh » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:19 am

As far as I know, the pyro is only ever used when someone stays outside the lava ring that surrounds the area for more than 2-3 seconds.

We tank Sartharion on the closest left corner (seen from the entrance), facing left. Our holy paladin stays on the small island, but jumps onto the mainland to dodge waves from the left. I´ve tried this technique myself as well, and you don´t get pyro´d unless you actually stay out there.

If you have your Sarth-tank on the island, doesn´t that mean that basicly no-one can melee Sarth without risk of being tail-swiped?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 am

Pyrobuffet is cast when the named person is outside of his "fight zone" which is bordered by the lava. So your tank is apparently trying to dodge the waves by moving out of the lava to avoid it, let him rather turn towards the big island and let noone stand in the breath zone there. The only one who might be in danger there is the 3. drakes tank. Depending how he is dodging the waves.
Pyrobuffet is a "you are moving out of my arena" raid wiper / debuff. Which, oddly doesnt work on pets so a voidwalker can easily stand out there and not get pyrobuffet stacks.

If you are tanking sartharion on the island, the melee has a lot of maneuvering room with his belly, the only risky times is when his casting a breath during a wave, when they might get wiped out. Only the tank is on the island, sarth ( most of him ) is on the main island.
Seloei

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon