Blocking in OS add tanking

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Blocking in OS add tanking

Postby Girard-eredar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:07 pm

If looked to me as if I could block the attacks from the fire adds. I also recall blocking melee attacks made by elementals elsewhere, AK for instance. But one of my warrior guildes says that he can't block the fire attacks. Can anyone confirm or disprove either?
Girard-eredar

Re: Blocking in OS add tanking

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Girard-eredar wrote:If looked to me as if I could block the attacks from the fire adds. I also recall blocking melee attacks made by elementals elsewhere, AK for instance. But one of my warrior guildes says that he can't block the fire attacks. Can anyone confirm or disprove either?

You can block them, it's a change for WotLK. In TBC you couldn't block hits from elementals. Wowwebstats doesn't properly report it, or maybe it's a bug in the combat log, I'm not sure. But on our Sarth +3 kill last night, Holy Shield proc'd 230 times when I was on adds. That's well beyond what six whelps would cause.
Last edited by Fridmarr on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Girard-eredar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:16 pm

IS it only for paladins? or only for holy shield?
Girard-eredar

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Girard-eredar wrote:IS it only for paladins? or only for holy shield?

I would assume for both. Looking through my WWS, it appears that they show up as a full resist when it's a full block and not at all when it's a partial. You are definitely blocking though, you can tell by the holy shield procs, the sound effect, and the damage range.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Girard-eredar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:29 pm

That's what I said, holy shield going down, but he said he only saw resists. Thx for info
Girard-eredar

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon