[25] Running Naxx with less than 25 people

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Running Naxx with less than 25 people

Postby Lanicus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:23 am

Quick history: I defected from my old guild as it was falling apart about a month ago and created a new guild. We currently have about 16 lvl 80s.

Since creating the new guild we've cleared Naxx10 every week in less than 4 hours (which imo is great for a group of folks that aren't used to running together), we've managed to down Sarth+1 (in 10 man-- about to start working on [10]Sarth+2) and gotten Maly10 to P3 several times ( wiping due to people falling apart once we get on the drakes).

Most raiders in the guild are 100% Naxx10 geared and some of us have the random 2-3 iLvl 213 pieces.

In an effort to keep the guild interested and progressive, I'd like to go ahead and start getting them into the first two quarters of Naxx25. Obviously you see the problem -- we have 16 80's (3 tanks/3 healers - rest are DPS). The other weakness is that we still don't have a druid or a lvl 80 mage for decursing goodness. This is fine in Naxx 10 as even Saph's life drain can be healed/DPS'ed through, but in 25 man Saph and Noth both require decursers.

We are also potentially pugging in a few players from a top 5 guild on the server to help us out. I see us ending up with maybe about 18 or 19 total for the raid. We should have 3 tanks (myself, DK blood tank, and warrior) and at least 4, maybe 5 healers (holy priestx2, holy paladin - all in guild, possibly pugging a resto sham, resto druid, and disc priest). We have no shadow priests as of this time.

Our DPS in 10 mans typically sits between 2500 and 3500 overall per player. Obviously that should be slightly higher in 25 mans.

Realistically speaking, what could we hope to accomplish with a group as described above? I would guess that we'd get no more than 3 tanks, 5 healers, and 10-11 DPS. Without a shadow priest or 2, GWF and instructor will be difficult at best and impossible at worst.

I forsee very little in the way of problems with Anub. Maxx might be a tad rough for healing during enrage. In plague as long as we get a decurser or 2, Noth should be a joke as well as Heigan. Loetheb might be a bit rough due to doom stacks and healing. Patch...depends. I think we *might* be able to get it if the heals are on par and every single DPS goes all out. Beyond that, I'm not going to predict, because we have enough road blocks as it is.

Any thoughts or tips for other small guilds that have gone this route?
Lanicus

Postby Candiru » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:31 am

You don't *need* a priest for GWF, you can do the achievement instead. But if you aren't that well geared a preist is kinda required.

20man Nax is certainly doable, but 4H and Thaddius are slightly problematic.

Spider and plague wings should be fine, Loatheb can be 2manned on 25m, so I wouldn't worry about him. As long as a healer keeps himself and the tank up, you can't really fail.

Patchwerk will require 3 well geared tanks, and 6 well geared healers. The healers have to spam cast for the whole time, so mana might be an issue. DPS isn't really that hard, other than to stop you stacking more healers.

Thaddius requires a lot of DPS though, and not much healing/tanking. With 20 people you get less stacks of the buff so you need really good DPS. You might need to get 2 tanks and a healer to respec DPS for that fight.

4H is quite hard in 25m. The main problem is people dying in the back, or the tanks being squashed by a meteor when they swap. So if you stack the back slightly and have a DPS run with the tanks, should be doable.

Oh, and Resto shammies can decurse too
Candiru

Postby Lanicus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:54 am

For the sake of ease -- here's my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Lanicus

Is it safe to assume that with a couple of solid healers I can be healed through GWF without widow's embrace? I can also drop 1-2% avoidance/mit for another 1k or so HP, but avoidance seems to be far more valuable imo. I'd post the DK's armory, but I just checked and he's in DPS gear right now. He's a blood tank - so with his high hp pool (32k unbuffed) and WotN, he may be ideal for dealing with an enraged GWF.

So far as Thad and 4hm goes, I'm not sure I anticipate us getting that far in the first romp in. We can't get past instructor without a couple of hit capped priests anyway.
Lanicus

Postby Candiru » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:31 am

If you have a holy priest, he can do the Widow's embrace too, its not like you need his healing unless he doesn't MC an add anyway!

You should have at least 1 priest in your raid for Fortitude anyway, really.
Candiru

Postby Mordinm » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:05 am

Decursing Noth with just one decurse is difficult but they should be able to get most of the curses and make the resulting explosion healable. As mentioned earlier don't forget that resto shaman can decurse.

For the instructor I would certainly give him a shot. The fight can be done with out hit capped priests just have an excess tank be ready to taunt and pop CDs if a MC breaks.

On Patchwerk pallys easily count as 2 healers due to beacon mechanics.

For 4H send a healer and a tank to each of the back bosses and spilt dps up front. Don't rush it and the fight is easy just be sure to switch every 3rd debuff and kill the front 2 first. Watch out for Zelik's holy wrath attack in 25 man.

Given that everyone knows the fights and seems to be doing pretty well dps wise I'd say clearing the entire place is possible with a little practice.
Mordinm

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon