Remove Advertisements

[10] Sarth +3D our tactic/video

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Sarth +3D our tactic/video

Postby Nick7 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:20 am

Last week we finally killed Sartharion with 3D on 10-man.
This forums was great source for tactics, and basically.. took us 2 days (5 hours) of proper tries until we downed him.

Our setup was based on 3 tanks and 3 healers. Reason was we wanted good control over fight. With 3 tanks you always have good control over elementals and drakes, so healers have much easier job. Also, 3 healers means you can much easier endure twilight torment while burning drakes.
This does however mean lower DPS, but with extra healers it's still more controled.

Our setup:
1x DK on Sartharion
1x DK on whelps
1x Pala (me :D) on drakes

2x resto shamans
1x holy pala

1x boomkin
1x hunter
1x elemental shaman
1x shadow priest

Setup was not 'best' possible for our tactic, as it would be preferred to have 1 warrior tank instead of one DK, and (disc) priest instead of one resto shaman.

In start we had me (prot pala) on whelps and DK on drakes, but as it turned out DK was able to easier keep aggro on whelps/elementals, while I could dish out much more burst aggro for 1st drake (DK had threat issues in start on Tenebron).

Also, although hunter is not ideal for this setup due to synergies, it helps out in case some elemental gets enraged. Sometimes it is just not possible to avoid it.

Tactic was following:
All 3 drakes are tankes on south side (left from entrance). Burn down Tenebron as fast as possible with using bloodlust. You should get only 1 whelp spawn, if not, your DPS is too low - however it still is doable, but quite harder.
While people are still nuking Tenebron, Shadron will land. As drake tank pick him up, and let DPS finish off Tenebron.
When Tenebron dies, DPS kills whelps and starts burning down Shadron.
At some point Vesperon lands. Since I tanked drakes on south side you need to pick him up from north side. Taunt/AS to pull him to your side.
This is also now most critical part. You will get twilight torment debuff, and Shadron DK tank needs to pay extra attention for breaths and use of cooldowns, as otherwise he will get one-shotted. I also had ready macro to use Hand of Sacrifice if he runs out of cooldowns for breaths.
Raid needs to burn Shadron down, while one healer needs to focus more on damage raid takes due to debuff. Our shadowpriest was ready also to jump out/in shadowform to drop Prayed of Mending if people were to get lower on life.
When Shadron dies, all DPS goes to portal to kill disciples. Remember to kill Vesperons one first. In our case we had Boomkin 'tank' disciple, while elemental shaman healed inside. We wanted to keep all tanks/healers outside so there won't be any confusions outside.
When both disciples are down, you exit twilight realm and continue burning Vesperon. During this time twilight torment will again pop up, but again ignore it and burn Vesperon down.
Go into portal, kill disciple, and burn down Sartharion.
Healers need to keep in mind Sartharions melee hits do get harder now, but with all other drakes down it's smooth sailing.

Overall, really coolest fight there is, and with group of good 10 people it was real fun to do it.

I also FRAPSed the fight, and you can see it on: Youtube link, or 'original' one from our guild's website: download (135MB)
Nick7

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Hell of a video, and thanks for the strats. Very easy to read and some nice tips. =D
Ashmadai

Postby guillex » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:55 am

For those of you who would rather download the video, instead of watching it in the browser, just right-click the link and Save Link As...

Nick, if you'd like, I wouldn't mind going over the strat and correcting any mistakes, along with making it into point-form for even easier readability. If we can get the other ten-man discussion started over here (just too bad mods can't move entire threads in phpbb2), I'll most likely make this a sticky.

It looks to be quite informative.

-Guillex
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Nick7 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 am

Well, open always for discussion :)
However, when it comes to sort things so they look nicely, I'm a bit lazy :P

Another thing though.. there are basically few tactics, each one has it's pros and cons. Our tactic was much more oriented towards controlling fight (3 tanks/healers).
Nick7

Postby Ashmadai » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:28 pm

So we ran into a problem today where when Shadron landed and spawned his disciple, the Sarth MT was getting hit too hard by the breaths to the point where we needed CDs to save him, even before Vesperon's disciple was up. The breaths were already hitting for 30k, which was about what the DK MT had with the 25% less HP debuff on.

We started rotating CDs at that point, but we just didn't have enough DPS. We were trying it with this setup:

DK - Sarth MT
DK - Add
Prot Pally(me) - Drakes

Holy Paladin
Resto Druid
Disc Priest

Surv Hunter
FFB Mage
Aff Lock
Combat Rogue

All these DPS usually do 5k+ on 25 man bosses, but without the full raid buffs and synergy they were not even doing enough to get Tenebron down before the 2nd whelps. We were killing Tenebron as Vesperon was landing, and that just seems like it's not going to work.

Next week I'm going to try to stack for an elemental shaman+all caster DPS group, and maybe go 2 healers/5 dps.

I had a question too. Our holy paladin was beaconing me and healing the Sarth MT so the other healers could heal the add tank and the raid, but we still seemed to be having issues where the holy pally had to move to avoid a flame wall or whatever and the Sarth tank would go down, especially if a breath happened at the same time. How are the healing assignments usually done on this, especially if you're 2 healing it?

Thanks!
Ashmadai

Postby Avengeance » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Put your disc priest on MT healing, and Holy pala on the 2 Off tanks. If your MT is having trouble with a mid-breath, something is wrong - give him fire res aura/totem and priest shields. If you burn CDs at that point you arent gonna survive the ultimate breaths.

IMO, 3 tank 3 healer is too muh DPS loss, i'd go 2 tank 3 healer or 3 tank 2.5 healer (ele sham being 0.5). I know people managed to do it with 3/3, but I think its just a bit overkill. If you stick with 3/3, at least have the group to have some sort of sync with each other (full caster/full melee).
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Ashmadai » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:57 pm

I like that idea of having the holy pally do the beacon and heal the 2 OTs rather than th Sarth tank. I'm curious how much HP the Sarth MT is expected to have to live through the breaths pre mega breath time. It seemed like on one of the attempts even without Vesperson's disciple up the breath was hitting for around 30k, and that's about how much HP the tank has after the 25% aura. =/
Ashmadai

Postby Avengeance » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:16 pm

I have around 30k post hp aura when Mting - mid breaths usually hit around mid 20ks - you need fire res aura, and on top of that I use a resistance flask (+50 res), so you have 180 FR. That'll guarentee you to resist 10-30% of fire breath dmg.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon