[25] Four Horsemen

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Four Horsemen

Postby Rutilcaper » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:59 am

I've been having trouble finding information about the 25 man version of this fight. Are the back horsemen still immobile casters? From what I've seen, it looks like you need something a little more durable than a clothy, but not quite a tank (DK, Moonkin, etc) to soak damage, but they don't require a full-on tank.

If that's the case, are more than two tanks really required for 25 man (barring KT, I guess, which I'm not expecting to reach on our first outing).

Thanks!
Rutilcaper

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:14 am

Three tanks are pretty handy especially on your first clear. Patchwerk almost requires 3 at that level of gearing. You can also get good use out of the third tank on Gluth, Noth, and KT.

As for the Four Horseman specifically, yes the back mobs to are still stationary. A pally tank works really well back there because he can help with the healing since there's no need for him to attack or be in melee range, and with a healer providing him mana via SA, he can do a decent job of it in tanking gear. However, you don't need an actual tank spec'd tank in the back either.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Samilyn » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:56 pm

We normally run Naxx with 2 tanks, and use a DK/War or two in tank gear for the back. Anyone with a stam set, like a lock or Moonkin with PVP gear can do just as well.
Samilyn

Postby Seloei » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:11 am

Yes, the back 2 are still like on 10 man, but their attacks do about 6-9k damage per so you need someone with a high healthpool.
We usually have a lock and the 3. tank (warrior) back there with a holy paladin healing them.

You don't need a full tank class there, anyone with 20k+ health can tank it assuming you have competent healers
Seloei

Postby Belloc » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:25 pm

The damage in the back is much worse on 25-man. I always put 4 healers in the back, leaving 2 healers up front.

You'll see what I mean when you get there.
Belloc

Postby majiben » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Wel you can keep some of those healers in the middle in range of healing and out of range of the stacks.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Halford » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:09 am

Belloc wrote:The damage in the back is much worse on 25-man. I always put 4 healers in the back, leaving 2 healers up front.

Yep. In our experience, having anyone back there other than a healer is a waste of time in 25 man, since threat, physical damage, and mitigation are not factors.

I swap into my healing gear, stand there and heal myself. Tanking them in prot gear seems like a waste of time since it is magic damage, and your mana pool will run out in the blink of an eye when trying to keep up.

We've run this with two holy pallies beaconing each other with a third Resto or Priest giving us insurance. Sometimes we bring 4 if we're shaky. Trust me the front is not the problem.
Halford

Postby Belloc » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 am

Halford wrote:
Belloc wrote:The damage in the back is much worse on 25-man. I always put 4 healers in the back, leaving 2 healers up front.

Yep. In our experience, having anyone back there other than a healer is a waste of time in 25 man, since threat, physical damage, and mitigation are not factors.

I swap into my healing gear, stand there and heal myself. Tanking them in prot gear seems like a waste of time since it is magic damage, and your mana pool will run out in the blink of an eye when trying to keep up.

We've run this with two holy pallies beaconing each other with a third Resto or Priest giving us insurance. Sometimes we bring 4 if we're shaky. Trust me the front is not the problem.

One note on that: Prot paladins don't do bad back there as damage soaks.

If we've got 3 tanks, I like to go back there. I throw a sacred shield on myself and spam flashes of light constantly. The sacred shield proc buff causes a lot of them to crit, making the healing that much easier. The healing received from a dedicated healer causes my mana to be constantly full.

It's obviously not needed, but it doesn't hurt :)
Belloc

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon