Remove Advertisements

[10] Malygos phase 2 bug?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Malygos phase 2 bug?

Postby patches » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:07 am

So, has this happened to anyone else?

Went in to EoE for some dragon killing fun, did a really good job at phase one, we started going into phase 2 and maly decided he wanted to join in.

Maly start meleeing me during phase 2 once the nexus lords were down.

He would fly up, do his deep breath, and then fly down and continue to eat my face. For a while, this wasn't even hurting me. He'd do a "nom nom nom" animation like he was hitting me, but my health wouldn't go down. We thought it was funny.

Then he did another deep breath, came down, and started hitting me for around 10,000. He wasn't targetable, I couldn't block or dodge, and i was getting eaten. So I bubbled, hoping that he'd keep attacking me and we could get through phase 2 and he'd reset for phase 3. 5 seconds later he ends up eating the warlocks and healers. Going through the combat log we find things like "Malygos hits you for 28,000 damage, you die"

Yay phase 2.

the next attempt we pwned him.
patches

Postby Avengeance » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:12 am

Happened to me once... dont know how to reproduce it tho. I did remember that pull I started the encounter while he was in mid air instead of channelling a portal.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Invisusira » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 am

Invisusira

Postby majiben » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 am

Eww you have auto attack on your bar!
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Eanin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:56 am

Phase 2 can be buggy. It happened to us, too. Suddenly, Malygos decided it would be fun to breathe on our raid.
Eanin

Postby Huon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:32 pm

You need a way to remember to use an aura :)

But on topic, that is weird, we never had any glitches or anything...
Huon

Postby Nemi » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:56 am

I always explain these type of things as GM's take control of the mob just to annoy people. It makes me feel better strangely.
Nemi

Re: [10] Malygos phase 2 bug?

Postby Tophus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:03 pm

This happened to me last week :(. He joined the fight late in phase two, so we had most the scions down already. I just positioned him like i would in Phase 1 and called for some extra heals and hit bubble wall. (couldn't target him, but i was still Dodging/Parrying/Blocking) Damage from the few remaining Scions was negligible, and he didn't have time to shoot another "pew pew laser" from above.

We managed to make it through without anybody dying, from then Phase 3 continued as normal, just like that punk didn't know what he did! (stupid dragon)

A few possible explanations i've heard for this behavior:
(1)A runaway Damage over Time spell lasted to long past Phase 1 and got his attention again. {this one is unlikely due to the fact he doesn't fly back into the fight right away}
(2)There is some magic spot you can position him on. And when he finally starts flying into Phase 2, he can't quite reach his new spot, so he just comes back. {unlikely for the same reason as above}
(3)GM wanted to have some fun. {this one makes me feel better for some reason too :D}
Tophus

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon