How not to do Heigan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

How not to do Heigan

Postby Isetnefret » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:48 pm

I've tried to explain to my guild that they should just really learn how to do the Heigan dance the traditional way.

They insist that the best way is to have everyone on the platform during phase 1 (slow dance).

I can't formulate a good rebuttal for this, other than to say L2Dance or L2Play.

Is there a good reason not to do this?

My best reason so far is that we've beaten Heigan the traditional way with 0 deaths on multiple occasions. Why switch?
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby Wolvar » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:51 pm

The only good reason to do it that way is if you are seriously melee heavy.
Wolvar

Re: How not to do Heigan

Postby xstrykr » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:53 pm

Isetnefret wrote:I've tried to explain to my guild that they should just really learn how to do the Heigan dance the traditional way.

They insist that the best way is to have everyone on the platform during phase 1 (slow dance).

I can't formulate a good rebuttal for this, other than to say L2Dance or L2Play.

My best reason so far is that we've beaten Heigan the traditional way with 0 deaths on multiple occasions. Why switch?

Bad, bad, bad.

If you have a shaman, theoretically dealing with the Decrepit Fever will be easier, but Spell Disruption will really fuck your healers over unless you're carrying Priests and Druids up the wazoo, as well as any caster DPS.

But Phase 1 tends to be the easy phase... and if you've got enough DPS and can manage through the spell disruptions, I suppose it can work. The best thing I can say is that you're fucking over your healers and casters by having everyone on the platform. If you're melee-heavy, an option is to make the casters/healers dance instead.
xstrykr

Postby Isetnefret » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Well, my skills of arguing are not the greatest.

That's what I said, but then when asked WHY...../shrug.

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby Kynes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:17 pm

Tell them exactly the following -

"If we tank him on the platform, all our healers and casters are subject to a 300% casting speed debuff, as well as giving the entire raid the disease. This can all be avoided by simply kiting during phase 1. K? K."

If that doesn't work, try the following -

"/gquit"

EDIT: I figure I'll elaborate on the gquit. If your raid/guild leaders are too *lazy/incompetent/stubborn* to do the fight correctly, you'll never progress through harder content. Sure, you can kill Heigan this way. But it takes ages longer. It is a lot more work than required. It sets a poor precident.

Just my 2 cents.
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Re: How not to do Heigan

Postby Malthrax » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Isetnefret wrote:I've tried to explain to my guild that they should just really learn how to do the Heigan dance the traditional way.

rebuttal: we ALL have to do the fast dance. if you can do fast, you can do slow. get your lazy ass down here, baddie.
Malthrax

Postby Isetnefret » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:41 pm

They are claiming the healers, melee, and casters can all positions themselves on the platform so that casters are out of the range of the 300% debuff.

Isetnefret

Postby Wolvar » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:47 pm

unpossible.
Wolvar

Postby xstrykr » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Wolvar wrote:unpossible.

Because the range on the debuff is ~20yds, which should allow for shadow priests to MF without any problems as they should have Shadow Reach.

Platform's less than 20yds on the diagonal, even if you tank him on a corner and have the raid stand on the other corner.
xstrykr

Postby Wolvar » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:56 pm

It's 30 yards now.
Wolvar

Postby Isetnefret » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Are we sure that the platform is too small?

Some guildmates are ADAFUCKINGMANT that there's room.

Isetnefret

Postby Wolvar » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Sounds like yer gonna find out the hard way. :p
Wolvar

Postby Isetnefret » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:05 pm

I guess so, though I fail to see the point if we can do it the normal way.

However, if this DOES work, and eveyone CAN stand on the platform and just be peachy keen, would that make it the new best way to do things?

Isetnefret

Postby Isetnefret » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:18 pm

http://www.wowguideonline.com/naxxramas ... clean.html

This is my undoing. I've lost any credibility with the guild.

Isetnefret

Postby Levantine » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Isetnefret wrote:http://www.wowguideonline.com/naxxramas-heigan-the-unclean.html

This is my undoing. I've lost any credibility with the guild.

Because of a terribad guide site? Sounds like you need a not terribad guild, to be honest. Heigan is the opposite of hard, and if they're going to resort to something as stupid as this method, they're gun get raped in Ulduar.
Levantine

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon