[25](-) and (+) group positions on Thaddius

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Zoltar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:43 pm

When tanking him you can run straight through but I prefer the strafing around the same path I have told the rest of the group to take. Lead by example so to speak.
Zoltar

Postby SellassieTanks » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Zoltar wrote:When tanking him you can run straight through but I prefer the strafing around the same path I have told the rest of the group to take. Lead by example so to speak.

Correction...everybody can, and should, run straight through. Let your raid know that when u call out "casting" u need to pay attention to NOTHING but your debuffs, once it changes you have an entire three seconds to run straight through thadd.

:idea: After all the fastest way from point A to point B is a straight line right?

SellassieTanks

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:11 pm

SellassieTanks wrote:
Zoltar wrote:When tanking him you can run straight through but I prefer the strafing around the same path I have told the rest of the group to take. Lead by example so to speak.

Correction...everybody can, and should, run straight through. Let your raid know that when u call out "casting" u need to pay attention to NOTHING but your debuffs, once it changes you have an entire three seconds to run straight through thadd.

:idea: After all the fastest way from point A to point B is a straight line right?

It's fastest yes, but the point is not getting close to folks with the opposite buff, which is what you do by having everybody run through the same spot.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby SellassieTanks » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Fridmarr

I understand that the point is to avoid damage from the charge, and this method allows people more time (going less distance) to get away from people of opposite charge. People will always be stacked at max melee, making the switch ALOT smoother than when you have people making these uselessly wide rotations at a slower pace, leaving them possibly in range of hitting people...like i said the debuff takes more than enough time b4 it does damage that running straight through is the most viable means of switching sides when needed.

In other words, your charge isn't active when u are stacked during the switch
SellassieTanks

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Yes, but if you're a bit slow, you get toasted.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Zoltar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:00 pm

The running straight through method doesn't always work. If you have a bunch of pro players with sub 100ms ping it may be the best solution. For my guild, on an oceanic server with average ping of 400ms, we go around.

But hey, you do what suits you best. This method never fails for us. :)
Zoltar

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon