[10]naxx, 4 horsemen, 2 healers

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby dmok » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:07 pm

daemonym wrote:that is damned clever...i like it. well my raid does have several healing hybrids so we can easily have a dps healing the baron tank and everybody else on thane. not sure if we got the dps w/o blood lust though. either way it'll work the normal tank switch way.

EDIT: just did this last night and damn was it intense, but we got it after 3 tries. first go the OT taunted the caster mob by mistake so that didn't go well. second try the OT ran to the wrong cornor and got the debuff stacked up on everybody. third go at it, flawless! baron and thane died at about the same time even then we let debuffs fade and went to working the caster mobs.

note: completely forgot that they automatically run to their 'assigned cornors' so not sure if that was a good or bad thing heh but it was REALLY intensive on the healers, max stam gear definitely helped a ton.

seriously, big thanks for this ^^

I will admit, I have never done it this way. We always carry 3 healers since we never seem to form an OP raid with everyone wanting only to do naxx25 and nothing good needing to be farmed from emblems of heroism.

Glad to hear it worked out though. I'll have to give it a try one day when I can actually get a competent group together, and a competent OT.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Aldonza » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:13 pm

When we run with 2 healers in 10 man Naxx, 1 healer tanks one of the ranged adds.

We always have at least an Ele Shaman in the raid. We normally have a Boomkin as well. We always split them up to different tank groups. Starting Thane tank gets the properly specced healer. Baron tank gets the hybrid healer. It's normally our Ele Shaman tossing out some heals, and I typically judge light (as we are caster heavy) until we switch to the ranged adds.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Salamandra » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Last time I did Naxx 10-man with 2 healers, I used Avengers Shield & Exorcism on Rivendare, then started tanking Thane. Rivendare ran to me as soon as it got to it's normal spot, and I tanked both in a 2:02 kill. I'll admit it's not a strategy everyone can use.
Salamandra

Postby SellassieTanks » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:02 am

I have also helaed myself in the back, but its not something i enjoy by any means w/ my pointless FoL's and 5k mana
SellassieTanks

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon