How Fast Does Sath Run?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

How Fast Does Sath Run?

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Probably just a silly idea but hell we're paladins and are a master of the nifty little tricks. Prob could work better for 25 man, not that its really hard, but 10 man possibly to not sure. Let me know why this wouldn't work by all means so I can be like oh wow I am stupid.

-Pali tank pulls
-Dps druid in bear form gets second threat by quite a bit
-Druid runs far opposite side of room

- I bubble
- Sarth goes running in complete opposite side of room giving X amount of time to just kill the drakes without worrying about healing on tank/ or tank dieing or taking any damage.
- I dont reseal or do anything other than sit there and look pretty until druid is like OMG this mofo is going to eat me
- I reseal and be ready to posisiton him as he comes back. Hopefully shadron down at least by this point?

Is this incredibly impossible or would like this be like wow your an idiot worthy? More viable option in 25 man man, but could signifigantly make 10 man alot easier. Especially from a healing perspective.
Lowgrus

Postby Selgar » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Well, he's a fat ass so he runs pretty slow. I'm not sure it would gain you anything though. Your healers arent going to add significant amount of dps so would basically just be standing around waiting for someone to take damage. Also I am not certain but I think if sarth is going to breath and no one is tanking he will just breath the closest person which could be bad.

Try it and let us know what happens lol.
Selgar

Postby Dobbelsteen » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:32 pm

I doubt you can dps down a few drakes in 5-10 seconds ;p
Dobbelsteen

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:51 pm

It'd be really cool if he breathed on the raid while running to the bear.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Well I think it would be more than 5-10 seconds. You'd just have to get shadron down as that's when the raid starts to take significant damage.

Not sure if he'd breath the whole raid. As a matter of fact I think i've seen him like when someone fucks up in the beginning and we're running to the enterance to save our repair bills. Like he'll keep person highest on aggro targeted and cast flame breath and it has a range on it i think.

Someone else test it imo.
Lowgrus

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Same run speed as a player if not higher.

When we wipe i generally run to the exit, if i can't bubble even with PoJ he still keeps in my melee range.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 pm

You're suggesting having a tail swiping, 75k breathing dragon running across the raid, in the middle of sarth3d :O? And making this process actually take longer than 5 seconds? And then having him turn around and go back a bit later?

Assuming you manage to do this at a time when it's actually useful to have healing suddenly switch to a different tank but is not a flamewall, how do you make it take longer than 5seconds? Shadron takes maybe a minute and a half to kill at best? more realistically two? I don't think there are any raid bosses that move that would take more than 15s to get across that tiny island, and sartharion judging by our last WWS takes around 3 seconds to move from pull position to the corner closest to the entrance.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Grizwold » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:04 am

Do you mean like off that little island? Like all the way up to where the drakes normally sit? If so, NO it doesnt work, he pyros anyone not on the main island in the middle basically.
Grizwold

Postby arilink » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:17 am

On that kiting strategy I don't think that in the heat of battle you would find a positioning where your raid is not in danger of being insta-gibbed by a random breath.

Btw he also pyrobuffets everyone after ~15 mins. into the fight regardless of position. don't ask, just noticed yesterday.
Hello enrage -_-
arilink

Postby Anubisknight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:26 am

Grizwold wrote:Do you mean like off that little island? Like all the way up to where the drakes normally sit? If so, NO it doesnt work, he pyros anyone not on the main island in the middle basically.

Aah - so you can't tank and kill the drakes off the island either then eh.
Anubisknight

Postby PsiVen » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Nope. You can tank them in the lava if you like though :P
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby fafhrd » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Do shadow fissures spawn under the lava :D?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby UMIO » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:30 am

even if you could get enough time to kill the drakes by kiting, wouldn't ge aggro a healer after a couple of seconds?
UMIO

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:13 am

fafhrd wrote:Do shadow fissures spawn under the lava :D?

They do, oh they definitively do.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:58 am

Worldie wrote:
fafhrd wrote:Do shadow fissures spawn under the lava :D?

They do, oh they definitively do.

This needs to be a new achievement!
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon