Random question: Frost DKs and Raszuvious 25

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Random question: Frost DKs and Raszuvious 25

Postby Janduin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:16 am

There seems to be pretty high anecdotal evidence that paladins using SR aura are a bad idea at least in 25-man Raszuvious (not sure about 10 man), as it seems the Understudies get the buff and mind control tends to break a lot.

Our Naxx raid last week:

0:00 Priests MC
0:05 First MC breaks
0:09 Second MC breaks, I taunt and run like hell
0:10 First priest taunts back
0:12 MC breaks, I shield-wall and tank Raszuvious
0:17 I die.
Lots more MC breaks, random dps killed, lightbulb goes off
I yell in vent "Take off shadow resist aura now!"
Shadow resist aura off, fight goes like clockwork.

My question...Frost aura is +80 resist all, right? Does this cause problems? I'd think it would, and worse, can't be turned off short of a respec, right?
Janduin

Postby Wolvar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:32 am

Mind control is shadow based. There is a bug that gives the mob the same shadow resist as the priest that MC'd him. This results in early breaks.

Why are you running shadow aura anyway? It does nothing on that fight.
Wolvar

Postby Caelia » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:52 am

Wolvar wrote:Mind control is shadow based. There is a bug that gives the mob the same shadow resist as the priest that MC'd him. This results in early breaks.

Just use prayer of shadow protection on the raid before hand so the adds dont get the buff and that also explains alot.....
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Janduin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 am

Wolvar wrote:Mind control is shadow based. There is a bug that gives the mob the same shadow resist as the priest that MC'd him. This results in early breaks.

That's not my question. I wasn't using SR aura, some random ret pally was simply because we had a lot of paladins in the raid and the other auras were taken. Nobody was turning on SR aura just for that fight.

My question is, do Frost DKs cause the same problem passively? That sounds like a pretty serious issue.
Janduin

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:41 am

Janduin wrote:

That's not my question. I wasn't using SR aura, some random ret pally was simply because we had a lot of paladins in the raid and the other auras were taken. Nobody was turning on SR aura just for that fight.

My question is, do Frost DKs cause the same problem passively? That sounds like a pretty serious issue.
While I can't directly answer your question, I can tell you how to fix it.

Use curse of elements on all of the adds. That will negate the resistance from Frost Aura.
Belloc

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Janduin wrote:

Yes they do, although it is not as big of an issue as the SR aura or priest SR. Just have your priests take off all their shadow resist buffs (including MotW) and force your DK to stand faaaaaaaaar away from everyone else :P
baleogthefierce

Postby Wolvar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Why would the frost resistance of the mob affect a shadow school spell?

The bug (or by design depending on who you talk to) causes the mob to take on the resistances of the priest. Only shadow resist will cause MC to break early.
Wolvar

Postby Karnadas » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Wolvar wrote:Why would the frost resistance of the mob affect a shadow school spell?

The bug (or by design depending on who you talk to) causes the mob to take on the resistances of the priest. Only shadow resist will cause MC to break early.

Frost aura from a frost dk gives all schools of magic resistance, so having them also gives shadow resist.

I would say it's exactly like having a SR aura up from a paladin.

Unless I missed where someone specifically said frost resistance, instead of Frost Aura, I'm pretty sure it was the shadow portion that.
Karnadas

Postby Wolvar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:29 pm

I wasn't aware it was resists to all, can't you have them shift out of frost stance to remove it?
Wolvar

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Auras are not presences.

They are always active if they spec for them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:00 am

Lulz, people spec for Frost Aura?
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:53 am

I still don't get why people spec for frost aura tbh, it doesn't stack with other auras (paladin/shaman) nor with mark of the wild. It's total crap.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Janduin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:12 am

Worldie wrote:I still don't get why people spec for frost aura tbh, it doesn't stack with other auras (paladin/shaman) nor with mark of the wild. It's total crap.

We don't have a DK that specs for it, I was just curious how they deal with it. Probably either:

1) Don't realize it's a problem and the MCs break a lot
2) Use CoE
Janduin

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 am

Worldie wrote:I still don't get why people spec for frost aura tbh, it doesn't stack with other auras (paladin/shaman) nor with mark of the wild. It's total crap.

In case there are no druids, shamans, or paladins in the raid...

oh wait.
baleogthefierce

Postby Metheoro » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:00 am

in my guild i have the 2 spriest tanks we do it cool.
for the starters dont forget to put curse of elements on the trainees

QUESTION: those 2 spreist tanks havent showed this week, so fuk no dk quearter?

y have replacements but theyre low on spell hit
how much spell hit is required or is not at all?
Metheoro

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon