Remove Advertisements

[10] Malygos - Minimum DPS - Post 3.0.8 Patch

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Ezharon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Same thing for us. We've just have our firsts trys on Malygos-10 this week and instead of ~2.5k (average in Naxx-10, ~3.5k on Patchwerk-10) our dps were around ~1.7k.

We were bad at killing and stacking sparks but this is something like 30% less... :(
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby samsara » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:19 am

We had problems too, but after replacing an so called "must have" dk with an other player it went fine :) Don't know where majority of people (at least in our guild and on our server) got the idea that you have to bring a dk only to place the spots somewhere. I found it much more easier to let the raid just stand in the middle and kite the dragon around so that the sparks can allway's killed there and the dd's dont have to care about placing the sparks.
I asume that you have to stack at least one or two sparks to come to the same dps as when you do naxx.

This is a 25 parse (generally a bad right night) but as you see the overall dps was poor too.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/1655930#damageout
samsara

Postby Daida » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:51 am

samsara wrote:Don't know where majority of people (at least in our guild and on our server) got the idea that you have to bring a dk only to place the spots somewhere. I found it much more easier to let the raid just stand in the middle and kite the dragon around so that the sparks can allway's killed there and the dd's dont have to care about placing the sparks.

When you have a dk you can pull the spark earlier and have the 2 sparks buff longer.
Daida

Postby Rutilcaper » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:30 am

What sort of stacks are required during phase three, assuming 8 DPS dragons and two healers? We've been getting there with about two minutes or so to spare, which I suppose we could do faster, but we're still working on getting the sparks to stack on each other.
Rutilcaper

Postby dmok » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:52 am

Rutilcaper wrote:What sort of stacks are required during phase three, assuming 8 DPS dragons and two healers? We've been getting there with about two minutes or so to spare, which I suppose we could do faster, but we're still working on getting the sparks to stack on each other.

If you are decently decked out already, you shouldn't really worry about stacking the sparks. Just get them down close to the middle, and have your ranged move into them.

On our guild first 10man kill (3 weeks ago now) we got to phase 3 with 3.5 minutes left.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon