Remove Advertisements

Tanking Question 25 man Anub'Rekhan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Tanking Question 25 man Anub'Rekhan

Postby Protectadin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:44 am

Hey Everyone,

I had a question regarding this fight, our guild is going into 25 man Naxx tonight for the first time. The question I have is on 10 man for this fight i just tank him in one spot through the Locust Swarm. We never have any issues with the with the healers just healing through this, do you think if we have 2-3 pally healers just dedicated to keeping me alive that we would have to change this for 25 man(any time we ask our healers/dps to have to move during fights they always have issues, we try to avoid that IF possible) ? The strat on wowiki says to kite him to avoid the swarm, has anyone tried to just survive thru it? Raid buffed i usually have anywhere from 35-37k hps. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Prot
Protectadin

Postby Playdoh » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 am

Works fine.

get's scary sometimes but works fine.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:01 am

I don't think we ever bothered kiting, 9k every 3 sec dot is easy to heal in 10 men, trivial to heal at 25.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Wolvar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 am

We kite because we can, and it makes the fight easier to do so. I'm sure you can do it either way.
Wolvar

Postby majorwoo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:40 am

Your also pacified though - so no dodge/parry/block right?
I might have to try eating it, because kiting him with the current state of Naxx lag can be tricky at best.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Protectadin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:04 am

Thanks for the info, it always works like a charm on 10 man so we will go with the same strat for 25.

Thanks for the responses.
Protectadin

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:33 am

majorwoo wrote:Your also pacified though - so no dodge/parry/block right?
I might have to try eating it, because kiting him with the current state of Naxx lag can be tricky at best.
You can still dodge/parry/block, but you can't use any abilities like holy shield or divine protection. Trinkets work, though.
Belloc

Postby Petrus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:09 pm

I always kite him. Trivial to do when you're specced for PoJ - I almost never get hit by the swarm.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby avatar8481 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:34 pm

I've never had an issue standing in the front door and just eating the swarm, even very first time we did it when we had three healers and now when we have two. If you absolutely need it, have another pally toss Hand of the Martyr on you.

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon