Remove Advertisements

Maexxna's Enrage [10]

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Nothing ever worked on the wrap, not even divine shield.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zeels » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Worldie wrote:Nothing ever worked on the wrap, not even divine shield.

I'm almost certain it used to work, but you are probably right, I probably take drugs on/before that fight to go with the usual sunday hang over :shock:
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Spectrum » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:50 pm

I basically try to have the DPS wait at 35% for a web spray (web wrap is the ability used on DPS that cocoons them), then start burning the crap out of her. We usually only get one Frenzied web spray then and a DP is enough to get me through it. I always call out when it's incoming so the healers know to load me up with hots and shields.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby HinataDestiny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Another helpful ability is to throw Sacred Shield on yourself every 30 seconds and refresh it right before the wrap
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby Erutaron » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:52 pm

What works for us, it the typical burn down to 35%

At 35%, we stop ALL Dots, direct dmg only, bring her to 31% with direct dmg while waiting for a spray.

After the spray, AND the tank's health is securely back in the hands of the healers, pop bloodlust, and nuke her down, Shield wall thru the first enraged web spray, and keep on tanking. You really should never get a second enraged webspray, as 75 seconds is more then enough to kill her.
Erutaron

Postby dmok » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:07 am

Erutaron wrote:You really should never get a second enraged webspray, as 75 seconds is more then enough to kill her.

If by 75s you mean 60s, then yes.

(web sprays come every 30s)
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby melkior » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 am

My OT is a druid. I actually prefer he tank this fight.

I can use sacrifice on him and he makes it through fine.

If for some reason he ever didn't make it; then I will pop a taunt and shield wall if I have to get through another wrap myself. Hasn't happened yet.

I did the same thing with a warrior OT once too when the druid couldn't make it that run.

Realize both of these 'OT' are well enough geared they could be MT. If your gear is far above your OT's then this isn't going to work well. But your OT could perhaps help you out with a sacrifice or other tactics as stated by others in the thread.

Tanking can be a team effort , not a rock star solo act. It depends how you approach it.

Another thing we changed and it started helping us taking him out in 1-shot vs a couple of tries is make sure that you have 2 healers on you most especially for the 5 seconds before web wrap.
melkior

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon