Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby kram » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:46 pm

oops fixed my post with the correct streaming video link
kram

Postby Drae » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:50 am

kram wrote:Last weeks kill:
http://files.filefront.com/10+3dwmv/;13 ... einfo.html
stream: http://www.guild-apex.com/sm/flv.html
Filefront wont stream it for some reason...

Group:
Warrior (sarth)
Paladin (Drakes+adds)

Holy Paladin
Resto Shaman

Unholy DK
Rogue
Mage
Hunter
Shadow Priest
Boomkin

bit sloppy on my part at some points

Nice job, we've been trying it with 3 tanks and 3 healers, and it seems about a 50/50 whether we'll get a second lot of whelps.

What cooldowns were you using and when were you using them? I couldn't quite tell but I assume the unholy DK was helping out a bit with the adds? Assuming the shaman was healing you (and the raid), did he have any problems?

Just wondering if a similar strat with 1 or 2 more dps would be advantageous.
Drae

Postby kram » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:54 am

Cool downs went SW > HoSac > Divine Guardian. this was before the last patch w/ twilight torment changes but this week we basically went with the same strat without much of a problem.

Paladin was healing MT and had beacon on himself (out of range sometimes to get adds off of him) for most of the fight until the 2nd drake was killed then it went on me so the shaman could help on the MT. Shaman was on me and raid. The DK dpsed full time uptop and tanked inside the portal.

BL wasnt up when we started that attempt and I dont think we used it until 20-30%.
kram

Postby Equitas » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Whats the name of the intro song, not the verve moby remix, the one where he turns on his skull of gul dan and walks through the instance portal?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby fafhrd » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:05 am

I tried, I really did, but all I managed to see was how the mage and warlock do their stuff :/

I noticed you in the target of target for a second near the end, but then got distracted by a FFB crit again.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby knaughty » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 am

fafhrd wrote:I tried, I really did, but all I managed to see was how the mage and warlock do their stuff :/

I noticed you in the target of target for a second near the end, but then got distracted by a FFB crit again.

My role is boring from video perspective.

• Tank adds till everyone vanishes and kills the disciples.
• Cover dead warrior, tank 3rd drake.
• once drake dead.. I recall I tanked boss till about 13% with bear -> kitty.
• Swap back to adds for enrage phase.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Equitas » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:35 am

Knaughty! Whats the name of that first track :P (not the verve)
Of the Nightfall - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Candiru » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:23 am

http://files.filefront.com/TNE+Sarthari ... einfo.html

Is the video of our kill. Featuring clasic moments such as "Oh shit I'm oom" from our paladin healer part way through.

Setup was DK on Sarth, Warrior on Mini-bosses, me on adds.

2 druid healers and a paladin.

DPS: priest, elem shammie, mage, DK
Candiru

Postby Cakes » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:07 am

Candiru wrote:http://files.filefront.com/TNE+Sartharion+3+Drake+10mmov/;13107433;/fileinfo.html

Is the video of our kill. Featuring clasic moments such as "Oh shit I'm oom" from our paladin healer part way through.

Setup was DK on Sarth, Warrior on Mini-bosses, me on adds.

2 druid healers and a paladin.

DPS: priest, elem shammie, mage, DK

The notes were well done and well timed, although I don't think I've ever seen quite so many North-> South Flame walls before. Grats on the kill.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby Candiru » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 am

Yeah, its was a really nice kill :)

I have to say that without the JoL threat I thought add pickups would be hard, but the 2 taunts off the GCD make it much easier.

Bind each taunt to a different key as you want to be able to use them instantly when you need them. See an add on another tank? HoR. See several adds going for a healer? RD. See a few adds on one DPSer and 1 on a healer? RD the DPSer and HoR the healer's mob!

I have a rightclick on grid bound to RD, so I use that some of the time instead of a keypress.

As soon as the whelps spawn a AS+HotR on top of your consecrate should keep most of them on you, then RD off the healer with any on and you are golden. The add tank's job only really gets easier as the fight goes on, so don't be afraid to use Divine Protection when you have whelps on you and need to run for a firewall(whelps on your back with the armour debuff hurt)
Candiru

Postby Equitas » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Currently working on this, first try today, in 1 hour we figured out a great strategy, had to stop because our ele schaman had to go to work =/

Setup:
Feral Druid 54K HP buffed
Prot paladin 41K HP buffed

Holy Priest
Holy Paladin

DK Unholy
Ele Schaman
Hunter
Mage
Warlock
Shadowpriest.

Were doing great up until the point where vesperon comes up.

Were adapting a completely different strategy than most people due to the fact that our feral is extremely well geared and our healers can 2heal this, with ele schaman helping out.

The problem we had was that beacon was to far away from the raid, we changed the positioning today and i assume a kill next week sunday when we try again ^^

Great encounter btw!
Of the Nightfall - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby EvilNuff » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Jaspr wrote:...
relevant WWS http://wowwebstats.com/apkff1ozrb6ns

Any chance we could get the wws reposted? Or maybe put on WMO which doesn't delete? Thanks.
EvilNuff

Postby thenNATEgoes » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Hey knaughty, thanks for the video, will be attempting this on monday.

Also anyone have a WWS, or what are the necessary requirements as far as dps goes?
thenNATEgoes

Postby mosa » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:41 am

Could somone please please please post a WWS of a 10 drake sarth kill, I'm dying to know what our dps numbers should be at.... I"m having trouble at the moment having the dps for our group to down Tenebron even before shadron lands... and I don't know what to do as I would think our dps would be good enough for that, 2.5 K dps is the min.
mosa

Postby Caelia » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:38 am

mosa wrote:Could somone please please please post a WWS of a 10 drake sarth kill, I'm dying to know what our dps numbers should be at.... I"m having trouble at the moment having the dps for our group to down Tenebron even before shadron lands... and I don't know what to do as I would think our dps would be good enough for that, 2.5 K dps is the min.

What does everyones DPS have to be to do 1 Drake? 2 Drakes? 3 Drakes?
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon