Remove Advertisements

[10] Sarth+3 kill video.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby knaughty » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Lisson wrote:Oh, thought of one more question.
on every attempt, did u have to HoSac the sarth tank? or only on X ammount of attempts.

Our CD rotation was:

• Guardian Spirit first - very reliable, simple to apply.
• HoSac from ret pally (who bubbles, otherwise he gets one-shot)
• HoSac from me (DK covers whelps for a few seconds). I usually didn't bubblewall.
• Bear starts using his CDs (bearwall, trinket, barkskin). I think he had enough combos to cover two.

We always had at least 3 disciples, and I think 4, so my HoSac was always required (if we lived that long).

Most common wipe causes were healer death (mostly to environment, not adds) or Bear death.
Bear death was one of the following:
• Being a poofteenth late to call for CDs.
• Being out of range of CD person.
• Having GS up and dying anyway (particularly frequent in 25-man)
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby praetorae » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:38 am

Great movie,

gonna insist all my team watch this for our next series of tries.

I am slightly worried however about the part at 9 mins in where you can clearly see your guilds mage is in the 'goatse' channel.

In fact disturbed would perhaps be the right word :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
praetorae
Maintankadonor

Postby Lowgrus » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:04 am

I just did this last week as well. Dude how long did it take you guys to freaking kill this guy? Cause your group set up seems like a hassle.

Especially for healz

Mine was

Tanks :

Prot Pali ( Drakes)
DK( Adds)
Druid tank with that frost resist set ( Sath)

Healz :

Holy Paladin( Beacon of light on me) makes job x10 ezier. Also After I pick up vesperon I move shadron/vesperon back up to where i was tanking Tenebron/Shadron so I make sure to be in range of beacon.

Resto druid- Eziest to keep everyone up with beacon of light healing me like all the time. I pop CD's when Beacon of light is down/something looks wrong.

DPS :

2 Locks
Mage
Enchance Shaman ( ele would have been better but due to their piss poor dps and the need for lust we brought enchance)
Shadowpriest ( obviously essential)

We barely coordinated any cooldowns a breath never one shot tank, and resto druid/ pali healz always topped him off. He had 50 K HP buffed. and hten down to 37k hp with that stupid debuff on him.

It was really quite simple... once we got the group set up we needed. We actually 2 shot it. We had owned 25 man the day prior, but I can't w8 to see how much ezier it is compared to 10 man now. basically it really should be a joke/ will be a joke. LOl tanks taking so little damage and extra healz/dps compared to 10 man lol i really am laughing out loud irl.
Lowgrus

Postby knaughty » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Lowgrus wrote:I just did this last week as well. Dude how long did it take you guys to freaking kill this guy? Cause your group set up seems like a hassle.

The only real difference between your group and mine is holy paladin instead of priest. We did some attempts with both options, doesn't make a lot of difference. Main thing that decided us was Holy Priest had a mike, Holy Pally didn't - that was a more important difference than the class used.

=edit= Holy Priest also brings Fort, which is important when we're getting replenishment from Ret.

Tanking team differences are not significant. Other than "use a bear or DK for Sarth" there's no real restrictions on who tanks what. For our kill the warrior and I ended up swapping jobs mid-fight.

We killed 10-man before trying 25-man. Took 3.5 nights of attempts to kill it (12 hours). Going from 10 -> 25 was somewhat anti-climactic.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:30 pm

On the tanking: Our prot warrior is very good. Watch him doing add duty from about 4:30 onwards.

Prot-pally can do drakes semi-asleep, adds are hard.
DK can do anything easily (possibly OP?)
Prot warrior can do drakes or adds, but they have to work for it.
Bear can do Sarth or drakes easily, adds would be hard.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Lowgrus » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 am

Knaughty wrote:
Lowgrus wrote:I just did this last week as well. Dude how long did it take you guys to freaking kill this guy? Cause your group set up seems like a hassle.

The only real difference between your group and mine is holy paladin instead of priest. We did some attempts with both options, doesn't make a lot of difference. Main thing that decided us was Holy Priest had a mike, Holy Pally didn't - that was a more important difference than the class used.

=edit= Holy Priest also brings Fort, which is important when we're getting replenishment from Ret.

Tanking team differences are not significant. Other than "use a bear or DK for Sarth" there's no real restrictions on who tanks what. For our kill the warrior and I ended up swapping jobs mid-fight.

We killed 10-man before trying 25-man. Took 3.5 nights of attempts to kill it (12 hours). Going from 10 -> 25 was somewhat anti-climactic.

Well we had a Shadow priest for range dps / replenishment. Also the holy paladin gave us kings since we all know prot palies shouldn't have kings. Lol technically holy palies shouldn't really have kings either, but better them than me imo.

That beacon of light was just soo good. We did two hours of attempts one night, then the next night we didn't have the same group set up. did about 3.5 hours of attempts. Brought in range that we had the night prior. Got him down to just one drake and our healer got tunnelvision die to flame wall.

Then spawns popped, just one set, we killed them went over and engaged sath and just pwned it up. LOL your right 25 man is such a joke compared to 10 man.
Lowgrus

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:10 am

Prot paladins should have kings to allow their holy paladins to be better healers.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Lowgrus » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:26 am

Majiben wrote:Prot paladins should have kings to allow their holy paladins to be better healers.

I agree with you there I'm just being stingy but in a 25 man raid we always have ret palies. I just hate the idea of respeccing for 10 mans/ and then respeccing for 25 mans.

But your right in a 10 man the prot pali should be the one with kings/ however like on 10 man sath, the three tanks are all going to pick santuary over kings, so its actaully better for the holy paladin to have kings, so we get two pali buffs instead of just one. Well two useful pali buffs.

So in conclusion still better for holy pali to have kings in 10 man. Better for ret pali to have kings in 25/10 man
Lowgrus

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:27 am

Why would they take santuary over kings on a nontrival encounter? Also prot warriors and disc priests provide the same DR as sanctuary.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby hoho » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:32 am

Lowgrus wrote:DPS :

2 Locks
Mage
Enchance Shaman ( ele would have been better but due to their piss poor dps and the need for lust we brought enchance)
Shadowpriest ( obviously essential)
Do you happen to have WWS for that fight? I'm quite interested in seeing how well spriest+DK do in 10-man. In 25-man when I succeeded to put DP on DK target spriest was ridicilously OP. I was doing the most damage to the adds with devouring plague even without targeting them or using mind sear.

Too bad I couldn't kill him on my priest in 25-man as I had to tank the adds on my alt instead :-P
hoho

Postby Lowgrus » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Majiben wrote:Why would they take santuary over kings on a nontrival encounter? Also prot warriors and disc priests provide the same DR as sanctuary.

The thing is they only end up with one pali buff in 10 man. Disc isn't the greatest healer for 3 drakes.

Most tanks want Sanctuary, and if i'm not mistaken vigilance only goes to one player and we did it with three tanks, how anyone does it with 2 is a beyond me.

Maybe I'm crazy but I prefer the damage reduction and kings / over kings and might /wisdom because although we could provide kings they couldn't provide us with sanctuary therefore the holy paladins should spec kings over the prot paladin.

3 percent is alot also every class likes not having to worry about rage especailly on drakes being so threat intensive. I have to pop wings just to do enough threat early on for them to lust and not pull.

Add tanks low on rage is bad

Sath tank not so much.
Lowgrus

Postby knaughty » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:44 pm

We have a warrior tank drakes, he gets Kings+Sanc.

I think if he was told "one blessing" he'd probably take Sanctuary.

TPS requirements for a warrior tanking drakes are very, very high. We had PP set wrong some attempts, and War had Kings+Might, and he couldn't reliably hold the drake against DPS.

Re "Pally on adds" - DK is marginally better at pickup, somewhat worse in terms of damage taken. Block is hugely OP mitigation against the adds in 10-man. Whelps hit me for zero, even with armour debuff stacked up quite high.

Best tip was raised by someone else: Train you healers to run towards consecrate when they hear the whelps spawn. If they're off in the boonies, they get to die.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Jaspr » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Here is a video of my guild's kill of Sarth10+3

Holy Paladin POV http://files.filefront.com/3dSarth10avi ... einfo.html

relevant WWS http://wowwebstats.com/apkff1ozrb6ns

3 Paladins ( 1 Ret, 1 Holy, 1 Prot )
2 DKs ( 1 Unholy, 1 Blood )
1 Hunter ( BM )
1 Warrior ( Fury )
1 Druid ( Feral )
1 Priest ( Holy )
1 Shaman ( Resto )

Video is extremely large, sorry to those who can't download such a large file :(

p.s.
planning next weeks kill to be all Caster DPS.
Jaspr

Postby kram » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:27 am

Last weeks kill:
http://files.filefront.com/10+3dwmv/;13 ... einfo.html
stream: http://www.guild-apex.com/sm/flv.html
Filefront wont stream it for some reason...

Group:
Warrior (sarth)
Paladin (Drakes+adds)

Holy Paladin
Resto Shaman

Unholy DK
Rogue
Mage
Hunter
Shadow Priest
Boomkin

bit sloppy on my part at some points
Last edited by kram on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kram

Postby dmok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:30 pm

Knaughty,

I just want to thank you for posting this vid. Even though our guild had only managed +1 drake so far, we have gleamed some great positioning strats from this video which should help our attempts at +2/+3 to much smoother.

Dmok
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon