Remove Advertisements

Tips for surviving Maexxna, Faerlina? [10]

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:57 pm

I think we stopped bothering with dispelling enrage 1 month ago, now we bet in tank channel on how many tanks she will twoshot. The number varies from 0 to 3 depending on how many of our healers are afk.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sederia » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Worldie wrote:depending on how many of our healers are afk.

me thinks your healers and my healers are related or something :lol:

we had one night Sapp, /readycheck everyones good
/raid pulling, 5-10 seconds later, Sed down o.O
top of the healing chart, JoLight !

lucky Sapp is a short walk
Sederia

Postby Passionario » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:44 am

Keep in mind that uncontrollable pets (like Mirror Images created by Mages) will go out of their way to finish off wounded adds on Faerlina, resulting in a too-early Embrace.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby GothicPL » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:50 pm

On Maexxna, the very best thing you can do is dispel her poison that reduces healing by 75% as quickly as possible. Dispel yourself first, and then others as GCDs allow. A shaman or a druid healer are very nice on this fight because their dispels "stick", so to speak. There is a holy pally talent to increase the target resistance on dispel, but normally there are not enough talent points to afford it.

If you run with a holy pally, leave it to him to use Sacred Shield on you - his version is much more powerful than yours because it scales with spell power.

And yes, the right way to do this fight is to get her down from 35% to 0% between two wraps so that enraged wrap doesn't happen. If she doesn't die before the second wrap, DPS is failing hard.
GothicPL

Postby Agergadin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 am

What people said is pretty much best for Faerlina. If you need to take down the adds, then have them to 15% before she enrages. Don't be afraid to bubble wall, either.

If you can survive it, your best bet is to ignore the adds and just burn her as fast as you can. On 10, you can tank her and all her adds. On 25 you can do the same, but I like having someone else OT the adds since 2 of them silence.

If you do it this way on 10 man, you just have 1-2 healers on you (depending on need) until she enrages, then pretty much all heals are on you and you really should pop bubble wall to increase survival. On 25 man, you only need 1 healer on the add tank, 2-3 on you and that leaves 2-3 to raid heal and watch TV until she enrages. At that point you want 4-5 healers on you. Enjoy the achievement.

Maexxna, basically the fight is about the last 30% of the health. The first 70% is about getting there with everyone alive (like that's an issue unless you aren't killing the webs). Make sure you stop dps at about 35% (dots at 40%) and wait for a web spray. Once the web spray is down, you blood lust and burn her asap. About 3 seconds before the web spray while enraged, you pop bubble-wall so you take 50% dmg.

I consider myself a decently geared tank, and on 10 man I can survive an enraged spray w/o bubble wall. On 25 I cannot unless I'm really really lucky.

Oh yeah, and that shaman that is popping Bloodlust/heroism; put him/her in your group and have them drop poison cleansing totem up by you.
Agergadin
Happy Death Day
Mal'Ganis
Agergadin

Postby Dokidoki » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:52 pm

take two indestructible potions.
Dokidoki

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon