Remove Advertisements

Malygos+Spark Stacking Question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Malygos+Spark Stacking Question

Postby Ferrix » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:39 am

I understand the general idea of the fight and my guild has been able to complete it normally. I try to keep the boss positioned along the edge of the circle on the platform, so all the sparks must pass through the center of the platform (this is where we try to kill them and stack them). This works fine for just finishing the fight, but from what I've read, in order to get the achievement for the 5min kill, you need to stack at least 3 or 4 sparks and burn him down during phase 1.
Now from the looks of how things are timed, 1 spark will spawn before vortex, but stop during it, and then continue towards the boss after vortex. And another spark will spawn a few seconds after the vortex and move to the boss without stopping. This means there are 2 sparks that can be killed in between each vortex.

So my question is, how do you stack 4? I know druids can use roots, and they can be stunned and slowed and stopped (roots seem to be the longest one thoguh). But in order to stack 4, we need to stun/root 2 sparks, wait for a vortex, then stun/root 2 more.

Im guessing that having 2 sparks rooted in the middle of the platform during vortex won't work, because malygos will land right on top of them and eat them instantly, meaning we'd need to have them rooted off to the side a little, but do roots last long enough to keep them in place through a vortex? Do the druids have trouble coordinating who is rooting which one? Any tips would be appreciated.
Ferrix

Postby Cakes » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:51 am

Roots are the key to keeping them in place, yes. DK deathgrip is key to putting them exactly where you want them and stacking them. As we found out tonight, roots are good, but not entirely reliable and they can break early. Have your druids create focus macros and reroot early if they think it will expire during a vortex. The tank also has to move a fair bit more so as to put distance between Malygos and the incoming sparks.

If you're doing the 10 man version, you're going to be rooting 3, gripping the last one, nuking it, then aoeing the rest of them. This should drop 4 buff auras all in one spot and allow you to open up on Malygos. The same is true of 25 man, except I'm fairly sure you get 5 sparks stacked instead of 4.
Cakes

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon