Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Heigan The Unclean Dance Made Easy

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Heigan The Unclean Dance Made Easy

Postby HinataDestiny » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Today in my guild in my first run we had to learn the dance. Several members were having trouble getting back into the safe zone in 1. Being the resourceful person I am in raids I dropped my D.I.S.C.O. which lasts for 5 minutes and was a very good guide of where to get to for safety.

Now we get to the entire reason for this post. The D.I.S.C.O. gave me the idea for a much easier and better mention. Give either one of your melee DPS or tanks that is not tanking this fight Green Smoke Flare. During Phase 1 you have the person with the flares drop one in each safe zone. They last for 5 minutes so they may need to refresh them during a third phase one if you need that many. The flares allow anyone and everyone who does not know the dance well to see where to get to.
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby HinataDestiny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:35 am

Also if you have people who you know they are going to die no matter how hard they try to do the dance...just have them stand in a safezone and they make excellent markers as well. Also items like a Brewfest Keg, D.I.S.C.O., Archmage Vargoth's Staff, or other items that place a temporary 'marker' on the location can serve to help raid members find the safezone

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby Arquine » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:14 am

actually even easier. have the tank 'tank' at one corner of the platform and the ranged on the other side.

the other phase, run to a corner stone at the edge of the platform opposite the entrance (close to the exit). it's a safe spot that the acid cannot touch.
Arquine

Postby Spectrum » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

There's a little safe spot, hard to describe, which makes the fight into free loot. I fear the day our guild will actually have to learn it because some people are directionally challenged.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby HinataDestiny » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:45 pm

and its been fixed on the PTR so its not their anymore....have fun

HinataDestiny

Postby Jtree » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:45 am

I tried dropping flares during the tanking phase. With or without, melee seems to get through the dance okay. Its he folks who have to come down from the platform that die.

Every. Time.
Jtree

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:50 am

You could force the casters and healers to do the slow dance while you tank heigan on the platform with the melee. That'll teach them how to dance :twisted:
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Spectrum » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Majiben wrote:You could force the casters and healers to do the slow dance while you tank heigan on the platform with the melee. That'll teach them how to dance :twisted:

This was the problem the first time I tried to do it. The melee seemed to get the idea from following me around, but then when the ranged had to come down they suddenly had no idea what was going on. I had to lean over to my wife's computer and actually point out how the safe zones worked. I had explained it, but it didn't click while she was watching health bars and healing.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon