Remove Advertisements

[10] 4 Horsemen achv- And they would all go down together

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] 4 Horsemen achv- And they would all go down together

Postby Peaches » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Could anyone offer insight on how to do this in a 10man? Killing all 4 within 15 seconds of each other seems very difficult.. Has anyone done this yet?

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2176
GM of Sunset on Dragonmaw
Peaches

Postby Erutaron » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:46 pm

I was discussing this very topic with a few guildies last night.... We have not tried it, nor do we have the achievement, so I am not sure if it would work, but in theory it should.

First: How we do this fight!!
-2 Ranged "Tanks" and 1 Paladin Healer on the back 2 stationary mobs
-2 Tanks on the front 2 mobs, 1 Healer with each
-All other DPS(3) DPS down the front left target
-Tanks swap the mobs they are tanking every 3 stacks and return to their respective corner

Now, the strat we were talking about is as follows:
Note: Tanks will still need to switch on 3 stacks both in front and in the back for the duration of the fight

-DPS the 2 mobile horsemen down to approx 5% each, at that point all DPS switches to the back stationary horsemens and dps's them down to approx 5% each
-Once all 4 are at 5% split your DPS on the back 2 mobs
-On next mark swap(3 stack), call for full burn (may require Bloodlust/Heroism)
-When the full burn in called, the 2 mobile tanks drag their horsemen towards the back 2 corners while DPS is killing the back 2 stationary horsemen
-The front tanks should be reaching the back about the same time the back 2 die allowing DPS to immediately switch to sub 5% horsemen killing them in a couple spells/swings.

Might need some fine tuning, but we havn't had a chance to try it out yet
Erutaron

Postby Peaches » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:57 pm

That does sound like it could work. Were actually doing a naxx10 tonight just to clear out the non 8man/undying achv's. Most of us have the majority minus this one.

I wonder though, we will run it with 2 healers. Could that still work if we had Holy paladin + warlock in the back tanking the adds, with beacon. Have rest of dps take the front 2 down to 5% with a resto shaman on heals. If we did a modified zerg thane strat and left him at about 7% or so, then moved on to rivendare... in doing that I would be first tank on rivendare and be able to assist with keeping myself up since threat wont be much an issue.

The only thing I worry about is tank X on thane getting hit really hard with meteors. not sure how hard they really hit though.

We will try this method and probably tweak as much as possible in like 2 hours. I will post back here with our progress on it.

Our group has downed everything minus OS+2/3. We will all have full 7.5 or equiv so gear should be the least of the issues. And im bringing our pros.
Peaches

Postby Erutaron » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:59 pm

best of luck, let me know how it works out
Erutaron

Postby Peaches » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:43 am

Alright just finished up our clear. Let me tell you we got screwed on 2 of the achievements. The Spore Loser one on Loatheb is bugged to all hell, no one killed anything but nothing. Dmg meters don't show any damage to spores, not sure, don't care, annoying.

4 horsemen achv:
Started the timer soon as first horseman died. stopped it as soon as the last one died. 15 seconds on the button. Missed the achievement. Granted we were extremely pissed off and felt robbed, but theres always next week. here is how we did it. Took us about 5 tries.

Group make up:
Prot war
Prot pal
Ret pal
Holy Pal
Rogue
BM Hunter
Mage
Lock
Resto Shaman
Boomkin respec'd to resto.(This probably wasn't needed as it is 2 heal-able by grouping the ret pally with the prot)

The pull:
Thane group: Prot war, Rogue, hunter, mage, R.Shaman, ret pal.
Rivendare: Myself (prot pal) and Druid
Lady B: Warlock
Zeliek: holy pal with beacon

The Strat:
Lock+H.Pally run thru the middle so they get to the back same time, and starts the event. Pally Beacons and heals Lock and himself, they swap every 3rd stack.

We zerg Thane to 25%. (We actually got him to 20% which was an issue later.) At mark 3(20% ish) we swapped sides, tanks taunted and i took Thane to my cozy corner with my druid healer and just sat there. Zerglings burned Rivendare to 25% and ran off to the back of the room.
During this time, we tanks continued our rotation every 3-4 marks with our druid standing about on the platform healing us while we ran around.

(Note: The reason we took to 25% is because the tank DPS itself was huge. Just keeping judgement/auto-attack/Holy shield and warrior doing his equiv to stay up, we had Thane to 4% and Riven to 10%)

Now when melee was done on Rivendare they ran to the back. With our group setup we started all Ranged on Zeliek and melee on Lady B. They did their rotations until they were about 10% ish. At 10% I dragged Thane to Zeliek, while Rivendare was brought to Zeliek as well.

The kill:
Once we got the front 2 to zeliek, it was go time. We popped our BL and burned Lady B. We booked it over to the mobbed group and everyone lit them up, no heals nothing we just burned. There was no time for it. If done properly all should fall before 15 seconds. Like I said we did 15 sec, but just that little bit too slow.

Ours, since first time trying was hectic as hell when we had everyone in the back. be sure you have a very solid second raid leader or someone smart and can speak, because we had confusion since i could only see so much while tanking Thane/Riven.

This strat, although may not be the proper way, was really easy once everyone was on the same page. We will have our achievement next week. Good luck to any one who tries this, if you need help I'm more then happy to hook you up with info.
Peaches

Postby Erutaron » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:55 am

Awww

/comfort, next week you should get the achievement.

Glad that the strat kinda works and I wasn't wasting my time chatting with guildies about it :-)
Erutaron

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:16 am

As Peaches mentioned, Spore Loser is currently impossible. Spores despawning counts as a death.

And the 4H achievement just sounds annoying :P

Good luck!
Belloc

Postby Conaan! » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:55 am

Peaches wrote:4 horsemen achv:
Started the timer soon as first horseman died. stopped it as soon as the last one died. 15 seconds on the button. Missed the achievement. Granted we were extremely pissed off and felt robbed, but theres always next week. here is how we did it. Took us about 5 tries.

its wrongly worded, they have to die on the 14 second mark, "within 15 seconds", it should stop at 16 seconds but blizz likes to reword
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Cyndr » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:35 pm

We managed to get this one last reset, but we used a fairly different strategy. Figured I'd share it for those working on this :)

You want to tank the melee bosses on top of the ranged ones.

Split the raid into two groups, each with a tank, healer and three dps. Both groups start at the back of the room. The tanks initiate the pull by hitting Thane and Baron (they'll run to the front, but then to the back of the room to their tank). Groups switch sides at three marks from Baron/Thane, and tanks trade bosses as they switch. Group on the left side of the room should bunch up. Group on the right should spread out. Dps them all evenly and blow bloodlust just after a transition ~10%.

We only had one melee dps, so I'm sure that was a factor with Zeliek's bolt.

Overall this was fairly easy. It only took us two attempts (first one we didn't pull the melee ones far enough apart and were getting marks from across the room). Hope this helps someone :)
Cyndr

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Cyndr wrote:You want to tank the melee bosses on top of the ranged ones.

This is essentially what we did a couple weeks ago for N10. N25 is slightly more difficult, but more true to the methodology of how it was done in 40s.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dehn » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:39 am

What we did when we got the achievement was..

2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps.

tanks tank the melee ones with a healer to watch them and any one nearby.

pala healer + shadow priest "tanks" the caster ones keeping themselves alive.

rotate the 4 dps around until we had every at 10%.

tanks stop dps'ing.. and I assign 1 dps for each boss..

And then, hit heroism and each dps blows down the final 10%.

trivial. took like 16-18 marks in total, but we've been farming 25man naxx for 4+ weeks.
Dehn

Postby Splug » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Several guildmates finished Glory of the Raider last night. This was actually one of the more fun achievements, and probably results in a cleaner kill than the zerg strategem if everyone pays attention. It removes all the damage race components and instead becomes a fairly simple endurance game.

We broke the fight up into two wholly unrelated encounters. The Zeliak/Blameaux team had one healer and three ranged damage. The Thane/Baron team had two tanks, two damage (melee works great, but no reason not to use ranged), and two healers.

The back team split two to each side, with the healer always staying toward the middle to reach everyone. This results in some heavy damage swinging in back, but since the sides flip consistently the damage swing evens out over the course of the encounter. The task is easy: every time a switch is called, all players in the back go to the exact opposite of their current position. That's to say the back of the room looks like this:
Code: Select all
LadyB  1 2 3 4  SirZ
      |
      V
LadyB  4 3 2 1  SirZ

In the front, the plan is also simple. Each group of three players has a corner assigned to them, and they always stay in that corner. The horsemen are traded on the tank swaps. Thus, transitions in the front of the room look like this:
Code: Select all
Thane        Baron
A A A        B B B
      |
      V
Baron        Thane
A A A        B B B

From there, it's just a matter of having a switch called whenever a meteor is cast with three or more marks on the Thane side. This prevents mid-transition meteors, and causes the overall damage pace to be even on all parties. If for some reason one of the horsemen gets ahead, just pull the plug on damage to that target at 4-5% health, cut all DoT effects at 10%. When everything is at 4-5% health, make one more swap, then call for the burn. Every side should be capable of killing its target from 4% down within the 15 second window - there's no need for people to be running across to try to finish a remote target.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Solight » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Strat
Group Makeup
5 DPS
3 Healers
2 Tanks

Corner 4 Backleft(Northwest)Bluemax________________Corner 3 (Northeast)Zeliek
Healer, DPS(Strong) _________________DPS(Weak), DPS(Can heal if needed, ele sham, ret pally, Shad priest, Etc.)

Corner 1 Frontleft(Southwest)Thane______________Corner 2 Fronright(Southeast)Baron
Tank, Healer, DPS(Strong)_____________________________Tank, Healer, DPS(Strong)

The achievment is very simple just requires coordination.

All the DPS, healers and tanks that are in their corners will remain in their corners for the entire duration of the fight, EXCLUDING CORNER 4/3(BLUEMAX+ZELIEK), The tanks in the front corners will meet at the midpoint, taunt a different mob and bring it back to your corner. This fight is all about indurance, so if your healers/tanks/DPS are undergeared, it will be hard due to healers going OOM at 50%, etc.

The groups in the back... You guys need to switch as a team, so corner 4 is team 1 and corner 3 is team 2. When one of the people on either side reach 3 marks both teams in the back do a simple transtion Bluemax <<<>>>Zeliek, the basic strat of the fight.

So basically what you do is just split the DPS up and do stead DPS until they die, the people in the back need to switch as a whole.

If DPS is weak in the back and more DPS is needed, when the front adds are doing a transition, the DPS that just got rid of Thane (IE Group is tanking thane, then you get 3 marks, thane is switching to other side, the DPS that was just on thane) will go shift up and DPS the adds and make sure he gets back down when thane comes back to his side to split the meator.

Basically in a nutshell... Split the raid up into 4 corners like I mentioned above, DPS them steadily, if some adds need more DPS, Have DPS shift to them as long as it doesn't risk anything (IE, DPS going to the back to help out and risk tank dying to meteor.) Then save bloodlust, if you have it towards the end when they are both at ~30k health [3% hp] and zurge them, tell DPS to slow down towards the end if they are uneven.
Solight

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon