Remove Advertisements

The extreme lameness of the priest requirement in Naxx/25

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Strendarr » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:41 am

btw I just wanted to say, that despite the fact that we now have a couple priests who can do this well

this requirement is still extremely lame.
Strendarr

Postby Wolvar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:05 am

It's just another encounter to learn. I agree that it sucks for most of the reasons mentioned here, but c'mon... once your priests learn how to do it, it's a pretty simple fight.
Wolvar

Postby Frickit » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:36 am

my buddy is in a raiding guild with like 20 people so they have to pug spots. they breezed through up to raz then got stopped. lol trying to kite with hunters and w/e else they could think of until they got tired of wiping.

thats pretty bullshit.

seems kinda funny that bliz would have a priest requirement for one encounter when they are doing everything they can to screw priests so they reroll.
Frickit

Postby Wolvar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:37 am

Grapevine says they are adding orbs to the heroic version of this fight. Anybody else heard that?
Wolvar

Postby Rehlachs- » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:45 am

nope.
Rehlachs-

Postby turion350 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:48 am

i find it immature and presumptuous for people to say that a guild that doesn't have 40 people to rotate through for a raid is fail. or for them to hit the recruiting channel. instead of everyone saying omg stfu and it's easy, they are failing to see the point of the argument, needing a specific class for 1 fight was supposed to be eliminated in WLK and has not been. Some guilds just have probs getting 1 class or the other.

some guilds may only have 25 solid people that they are friends with on-line or irl, and just run with that group due to time constraints, real life limitations. the game isnt meant to eat, shit and breathe, so they have made it more accessible for people that are casual, but want progression. yes any fight in the game is easy as long as people know what they are doing, but requiring 1 specific class is counter productive with what they had intended the xpac to do.
Teurion of Kael'thas
Lvl 80 Human
turion350

Postby gummyrabbit » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:12 am

My main is a holy priest and while at first it was very scary to be put under the gun to MC in Naxx, I've learned the encounter and have no problems with it since. Your priests now have a new role and they should be excited about it.

As for pressure...healing is already stressful in many encounters. Try Sartharion with 2 or 3 drakes up when you're assigned to raid heal. You need to be ready to cast guardian spirit on the MT, watch out for the lava waves, watch out for the void circles...meanwhile you've got fire elementals and whelps all coming after you (because priests have highest healing agro), so you're fading or running to a tank...all the while watching everyone's health. I don't even want to think about how I'll be doing it once they nerf CoH.
gummyrabbit

Postby Kellel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:24 pm

having read through this entire thread, I'm amazed no one has mentioned what I am about to.

Regarding the 2 priest requirement in 25 man Raz....

It seems as though you guys have all forgotten Blizzards model for their new content. Splitting instances into 10 and 25 man versions is their way to make everything accessible to the casual and rewarding to the hardcore.

I've been pugging 25 man razuvious for a couple weeks now. Although we did managed to down him .. our wipe/down ratio is still about 25:1 lol. As frustrating as I feel this is, I don't feel like blizzard has slighted me or the ppl I'm pugging with.

Had they put a priest requirement in the 10 man version by say .. only supplying a single stone ... I would be protesting outside their headquarters with my sandwich board, locks and chains lol .. okay probably not ... but you get my point.

In a way Blizzard is simply saying we expect guilds dedicated to clearing 25 man content to have a nice mix of classes with a certain skill level expected from each player. Sure in this instance it's priests, but there was nothing keeping them from saying you need a mage to spell steal something, or a jewel crafter to pickup a design and craft a special attunement item ... or ... meh, so many examples. Nothing unreasonable about that imho.

The MC bugs or bugs around other mechanics, that's a different story. In light of the problems people have been facing, I'm sure it has as much attention as it requires until patch day ;)
Kellel
Maintankadonor

Postby Metheoro » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 am

same problem here. is stupid to rely on 2 duds that never ever in their life have tanked before

not just that but we realized that the MC breaks a lots that means there is a minimun hit rating needed

whats the number?

i definively will stop trynbg to do it with shadow priests and start tryng with mage
Metheoro

Postby Metheoro » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:02 am

correction, went to you tube and noticed that u cant use mage tank now... nice so that could mean no military quarter for my guild?
Metheoro

Postby hoho » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:06 am

Metheoro wrote:not just that but we realized that the MC breaks a lots that means there is a minimun hit rating needed

whats the number?
Maybe your priests simply suck? It was quite easy to keep them under control even when I was around 4-5% under hitcap (no misery=3% loss). Yes, MC does break from time to time but you'll generally have the other priest ready to pick the boss up again.

How far are the MC'd mobs from the priests doing the MC? MC chance of breaking increases with range.
hoho

Postby Metheoro » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:14 am

Worldie wrote:Not "that" lame, you are supposed to have one priest in raid for fortitude anyway, and you are supposed to have a backup one in your roster.

So Blizzard assumes every guild can afford having 2 priests of any spec. Actually more, due to the overpoweredness of CoH. And every guild does, bare some exceptions.

so it can be any priest?
what about mc break for lack of hit?
Metheoro

Postby hoho » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:17 am

I'm not sure but I think MC can break without hit on that boss. If it does then not very often and/or when priest moves his/her mob too far away.
hoho

Postby Rehlachs- » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:36 am

Metheoro wrote:so it can be any priest?
what about mc break for lack of hit?

every priest is able to do this, regardless of his specc.

lack of hit? well, there are some "low level" items from the wotlk-reputation vendors, that would boost your priest above the required 5% spell hit.

hoho wrote:If it does then not very often and/or when priest moves his/her mob too far away.

according to the given information I suppose the 2 priests have neither experience nor skill nor the ambition to get this done.
therefore it's very likewise that they don't know about fizzling MCs when they move their unit too far away.
Rehlachs-

Postby Wolvar » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:50 am

[/quote]Maybe your priests simply suck? It was quite easy to keep them under control even when I was around 4-5% under hitcap (no misery=3% loss). Yes, MC does break from time to time but you'll generally have the other priest ready to pick the boss up again.
[/quote]

...or maybe they are holy and have been passing on HR gear to shadowpriests like you. :)

Our first time through all we had were 2 holy priests with zero hit rating and it was a mess. They've since picked up some HR gear to make it a bit smoother.
Wolvar

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon