Remove Advertisements

[10/25]Maexna - spider adds DX

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25]Maexna - spider adds DX

Postby isiz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Ok, so I've been having trouble picking up the adds on the Maexna fight on both 10 and 25 man. I OT this fight because I'm better at picking up the adds, but it is still annoying. Even with a consecrate popped right under where they spawn they spread out and attack random people giving me only a short time to pick them up before the big stun. I have been trying a strategy where one of the locks hits them right as they spawn with a SoC so that most of them aggro him and I can taunt them off. Even then there are still a good number that spread out to other raid members. It has gotten quite frustrating trying to pick them up. What do others do for the adds?

TL;DR - Strategies for picking up the adds on Maexna.
ImageImage
Tuesday maintenance is merely a setback!
isiz

Re: [10/25]Maexna - spider adds DX

Postby Invisusira » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:39 pm

isiz wrote:they spread out and attack random people

<hint>
The only way for them to spread out and attack random people is if the people in your raid are spread out.
</hint>
Invisusira

Postby isiz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:40 pm

I've tried telling them to group up...but they never seem to listen :(
ImageImage
isiz

Postby Pallypete » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Yeah, get them to group up and just hang out by the healers. The spiders move too fast for consecration to get them. Another option (if you have a good mage) is to have him frost nova them into place. He can do it between where the boss is and where the ranged are hanging out so they don't smack the melee. They don't hit all that hard anyways unless you have ALL of them on you.
Pallypete

Postby Invisusira » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:07 pm

Putting marks on key peoples' heads does wonders.
Invisusira

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:30 pm

One thing you can try is to ask your healers to let you land a Holy Light on the tank (without them healing before it), so you can get initial healing aggro as the adds spawn. It's quite a hard thing to time though.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:48 pm

just have a DK AOE they dont really hit hard enough to kill people
Lightbeard

Postby amh » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:57 am

Panzerdin wrote:One thing you can try is to ask your healers to let you land a Holy Light on the tank (without them healing before it), so you can get initial healing aggro as the adds spawn. It's quite a hard thing to time though.

This isn´t viable seeing how hard she hits, chance of posion cleansing failing, web-wraps (on you?), lag etc etc. Life-tapping warlock, maybe.

You really don´t need to tank the spiders, and they only one I´ve seen manage to pick them up with ease is a warrior using shockwave. Even then they only attacked him for a few seconds, then ran off to hump random people´s legs. Just aoe them down :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby oldboyz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:42 am

problem to pick up spiders?
--> just stack everybody at the same place. No nasty tricks which prevent it
95% solved (then, check around the MT)
oldboyz

Postby Panzerdin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:53 am

That's probably a better idea.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Peaches » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:20 am

We dont really bother with them. When they spawn they die. DK aoe going on, ret pally with conc and DS. And our hunters cheat the meters with a sneaky multi shot. Spiders should be the least of your worries there!

Just ask your raid leader to call for a fast aoe burst from the raid soon as spiders spawn if they are really an issue.
GM of Sunset on Dragonmaw
Peaches

Postby Morganim » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:32 am

I honestly have no idea why people think picking up adds is needed.

The spider adds can be killed very fast, if one is attacking someon near you, turn around and hit it a few times, then do some dancing, then go make a coffee, then comback and realise you wherent the only one afk but the boss is dead anyway.

Have a mage or two frost nova or CoC when they spawn, if you dont have mages the pure aoe splash damage of DK's, ret paladins, fury warriors, hunters etc will kill em off fast enough.

They hit for nothing even on cloth, they have tiny hp pools, and are basically there as a 'hey look at old 60 content lol's '
Morganim

Postby isiz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:05 am

So you are saying I shouldn't even really bother with the spiders? Because so far that's pretty much all I have done for the fight both 10 and 25 along with being yelled at to help cleanse at the same time I'm running allover killing spiders >< Can I just focus on helping kill the boss or healing the tank and only whack a spider if it's right next to me?
ImageImage
isiz

Postby amh » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:13 am

If I´m not tanking I usually just stay second on threat in case shit. Drop a consecration for the spiders (though it´s useless, it looks like I´m doing something). Tease whoever´s tanking on how low their threat is.. ;)

Oh and whatever you do, don´t judge light on her if you´re not tanking. JoL -> Web Spray -> oopslolaggro :(
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Peaches » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:20 am

Yeah man, ignore the spiders let the splash kill it. if im not tanking im running around in circles, drop sacrifice on the tank at 30% and run around some more. pretty boring if you are the OT.
GM of Sunset on Dragonmaw
Peaches

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon