Remove Advertisements

[10] Sartharion (Tenebron)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Sartharion (Tenebron)

Postby Infinite Discontinuity » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:23 pm

That's right, my guild is stuck, not on Sartharion, but on one of the drakes, the one in the way back. How did you guys down this one when it was a progression kill for you? We tried me on boss, other pally tank trying to pick up the adds, we tried sending the raid into the portal. We even tried death knight on boss with us two pallys trying to pick up the adds.
Infinite Discontinuity

Postby praetorae » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Just have a tank on the drake, rest of the raid can heal/DPS as normal.

Once the portal appears have everyone except the drake tank and his healer run into the portal.

Mass AOE those eggs, kill as many as you can.

When portal timer finishes kill any whelps that have appeared.

Rinse and repeat.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
praetorae
Maintankadonor

Postby kensanity » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:36 pm

For Tenebron, what my guild does is have one guy tank the boss. when portal spawns, everyone ignore it and just continue dps on boss, when whelps spawn, stack on tenebron and have pally off tank or DK drop consecrate/desecrate or whattever aggro gaining move they can and then aoe the adds down. since everyone is clumped together, whelps will naturally go towards the boss.

One thing players need to note in the confusion is the red death voids on the ground. Be sure to move out of them

After that its just rinse and repeat and since tenebron is taking aoe damage and dps is never really lacking on him, should go down fairly quick

The ignore portal strat works on all drakes except the one on the right. The one that puts the damage shield on him.
kensanity

Postby Jtree » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:54 am

I've not been in there often, but my guild has used the same tactic in both 10 and 25 man fights. Warrior MT on the drake, when the portal appears I'm sent over to stand in front of it. I grab all the whelps when they come through, and simply tank them while all the DPS continues to burn the drake down.

Consecrate to get their attention, Hammer of Righteousness as they come into melee range. Taunt and shield toss are for anything that slips through.

The drake dies before a second round of whelps can spawn, and the whelps on me despawn when he drops.
Jtree

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 am

There are two ways to do this fight.

1) Have all of your DPS enter the portal and kill as many eggs as possible.
2) Have a tank stand on top of the portal and grab the adds when they hatch.

I recommend just having your DPS go in the portal, because the eggs have much less health than the adds.

Note that the portal will always spawn in the same spot, so make sure your DPS are positioned near it. The key is to go in as fast as possible so that you don't waste time. If your DPS has poor response time or just doesn't listen, this won't be the only fight they'll fail on.
Belloc

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:33 am

Something can be said for training the raid group to learn to deal with the whelps spawning now because they won't be killing eggs when 2-3 drakes are up.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 am

Majiben wrote:Something can be said for training the raid group to learn to deal with the whelps spawning now because they won't be killing eggs when 2-3 drakes are up.

If a group is having trouble killing Tenebron alone, no matter what the strat, I don't expect them to ever complete Sartharion with drakes up.
Belloc

Postby Spectrum » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:24 pm

We usually just have all but me and a healer go into the portal and usually all the eggs get taken out before they hatch. Just AE the crap out of them.

If they do come up, our DK OT picks them up and we AE them down.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby halfviking » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:05 pm

What about just sending in OT and healer? Would it be easier for the OT to pick up the whelps that way?
halfviking

Postby Mex » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Shrug, we had problems with Tenebron on progression. 5 days after Wrath shipped, tanks bragging about 20k HP unbuffed, everyone still rocking 4T6, etc.

The fight looks easy now that everyone's rocking 4k+ DPS in full 25 man Naxx epics, but back then it wasn't quite as easy. Same with Loatheb actually. That first week, we simply couldn't get him past 20% in 6 minutes, at which point the raid was simply dying. We came back next raid with 6 hit-capped DPS and healers with over 1200 SP and demolished him.

For Tenebron we ended up burning the boss and having an OT pickup whelps when they spawned.
Mex

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon